Our team is responsible for the contents of the list of offers that is shown as a key-feature to our users in the apps and on our website. In our Cloud Native Microservices system, using current Java, MongoDB NoSQL database and Kafka message streams, we aggregate big data for different use cases in near real-time. We use Kafka topics and APIs to deliver information concerning the pricing and sorting of offers as well as meta information and summaries to several other teams at idealo and our partners. Our work has a measurable effect on idealo’s business everyday!
The position is available as full-time or part-time.
About your new role
- You actively design, develop, deploy, operate and improve our system. You embrace healthy, modern engineering practices through writing clean, well-tested, and thoughtfully refactored code with the team.
- You approach your work proactively and have a sense for solving problems, a smart and simple way.
- You enjoy driving continuous improvement because you will be continuously developing and deploying (CI/CD) our product.
- You will participate in the team's on-call rotation. You will also work with agile methodologies such as Kanban and Pair Programming.
- You will be working closely with our Product Owner and team members to deliver high-quality and fast APIs and streaming content.
- You will work in a self-motivated team that enjoys being involved in the entire software lifecycle, you will also collaborate with engineers from other teams on cross-cutting projects with high impact.
Skills & Requirements
- You can demonstrate hands-on experience and have deep understanding in Cloud Native development. AWS experience is a plus.
- Solid experience with microservices architectures using Java 17+, the Spring ecosystem (Boot, Cloud, Data) is desirable. You will also use unit testing and other forms of automated testing in your daily work.
- You like to challenge architectures and help us take scalability to a new level.
- Nice to have: Experience with Kafka (or similar), MongoDB, NoSQL DB, Docker, Kubernetes, containerization & virtualization, CI/CD, Lambda functions and serverless technologies.
- Also nice to have: experience with DDD.
- Our team is international and English is our main communication language, so you feel confident in English communication, furthermore you give and take open and constructive feedback.
You don't tick all the boxes? Don't worry, we are looking for employees who convince us with their personality and are motivated to go on full power with their team!
At idealo you can expect
- You don't live in Berlin and want to work from home? Our hybrid work model offers you the freedom to work from all over Germany in a mobile and flexible way. Together we will find the best solution that works for you. In return, you get everything you need for your work (noise-canceling headset, laptop, etc.).
- You need vacation? We offer you 30 days of vacation. Not enough? You can "buy" an additional 15 days every year by converting your salary and it's seen as a positive thing.
- Workation? No problem! Up to 6 months per year you can enjoy working from outside of Germany. We will check case by case so you can enjoy your workation without any issues.
- You want to further your education? We take your personal development goals seriously and, in addition to our idealo Learning Hub, eLearning offerings (e.g., Udemy, DataCamp), coaching & mediation, we also offer you the opportunity to benefit individually from additional learning and development budget.
- And what about the office? Our office in the heart of Berlin offers free organic breakfast, excellent subsidized lunch, as well as free coffee, lemonades and after-work beer, in addition to the "standard foosball". It also has a fabulous rooftop terrace with view of the whole of berlin where you can network with colleagues from our group of companies.
- In need of additional support in any areas of your life? We offer free counseling and support in all areas of life (professional, private, family, health, etc.) in cooperation with the pme-Familienservice.
- You want full flexibility on your way to work and beyond? No problem with a job bike or Deutschlandticket - and it's environmentally friendly, too!
- You don't live in Germany yet? We support you in the visa process and with your relocation.
- You are a parent of a child that’s in need of daycare? Your needs are well looked after with our company KiTa which enables you to keep focused on work with no worries. In addition, you are paid in full for up to 30 sick days per child per year and if you are a single parent, even up to 60 sick days.
- And what else is there? Of course, success must be celebrated! In addition to team events, you can also expect big company events and other moments of organized connection with others in the company and your team throughout the year!
idealo is a Berlin success story: in 2000 we started out with the mission of helping consumers make the best purchasing decisions. Today, with ~2.5 million visits per day, ~50,000 shops, and more than ~500 million product offers, we are one of the most popular German e-commerce websites and one of the leading European shopping and comparison platforms. We are active as a price comparison platform in six countries (Austria, France, Germany, Great Britain, Italy, and Spain).
We are located in the heart of Berlin and offer a unique idealo spirit. Your ideas are the driving force that moves our business forward. Not only our product portfolio is diverse, but also the people who work on it. We want you just as you are! Origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation, or a degree of disability are irrelevant.
If you are passionate about improving the world of online shopping alongside ~1000 idealos from ~60 nations, apply with us today.
Information for applicants with severe disabilities: As an applicant with a severe disability, you can get advice from our Representative Body for Severely Disabled People (SBV) during the application process. Please inform us regarding this topic.
For the inclusion of people with disabilities, our office is accessible without steps. When you start with us, we will see what else is needed!
Work in the office and from wherever you like.
idealo allows you to work from wherever you are. As part of our Hybrid Work at idealo, you decide whether and how often you work from our office in Berlin or remotely because you live in another city within Germany or the café down the street makes the best coffee cream. Only about once a month, there will be mandatory office days to bring idealos together at company, department or team level, including stunning views from our roof terrace. Find out what Hybrid Work at idealo is all about here and in a personal conversation in the interviews!
Vielen Dank für Deine Bewerbung!
Deine Bewerbung wurde an uns weitergeleitet. Wir prüfen Deine Unterlagen und melden uns in den kommenden Tagen bei Dir zurück. Du willst über idealo auf dem Laufenden bleiben? Folge uns auf LinkedIn.