Working Student Data Input and Translations (m|f|x)
Here at idealo, our goal is to make our customers' buying decisions easier. Our Content Department is in charge of ensuring transparent prices, accurate product information, and independent editorial contributions and product quality. This last part is where you come in. If you enjoy data and translation work and want to develop your skills and knowledge as part of an international team, apply now.
About your new role
- As a working student you will support our international content team to help our customers finding the right products, by translating and editing existing content on a wide range of topics (e.g., technology, toys, fashion...).
- Through careful backend and data import management, you will help translate relevant product information from German to English or French/Italian/Spanish.
- In cooperation with our international Category Managers, you will gain experience in maintaining our product catalogue. This can extend to other editorial and data migration projects.
Skills & Requirements
- You are studying at a local University where you are still enrolled for at least one year.
- You are fluent in English and German (native speaker level, minimum C1) and ideally one of the following languages: French, Spanish or Italian.
- You are enthusiastic about translations, as well as various topics in e-commerce and data import and export tools.
- Your knowledge of Excel is above average, and you know your way around formulas and table generation.
- You have an understanding of the needs of online shoppers.
At idealo you can expect
- You will gain deep insights into the international department of one of the best e-commerce employers in Germany.
- You can organise your working day on your own and you will always get the support you need.
- There is also the possibility to write your thesis with us.
- Full onboarding program including Welcome Day, training and individual orientation.
- A bunch of amazing idealos, who you will find engaging in environmental, social projects, making idealo a better and more responsible company every day.
- Our new home in the heart of Berlin, light-flooded, modern rooms and a green roof terrace with a brilliant view.
idealo is a Berlin success story: in 2000 we started out with the mission of helping consumers make the best purchasing decisions. Right in the heart of Berlin, over 1000 employees from 40 nations are working on the future of online shopping. We focus on agile and self-reliant work, sustainability and a healthy relationship between work and private life. These values are firmly anchored in our corporate culture and are an integral part of our corporate philosophy.
As part of our team, you can look forward to freedom, an international atmosphere and inspiring working environment. Your ideas are particularly important to us. Not only is our product portfolio diverse, but so are the people who work on it. We want you just as you are! Background, religion, gender, sexual orientation or a a disability do not play a role.
Information for applicants with severe disabilities: As an applicant with a severe disability, you can get advice from our Severely Disabled Representation (SBV) during the application process.
idealo continues hiring during the COVID-19 pandemic
We do still hire great talent from around the world! Due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, we are checking almost every day with the authorities if and how we can relocate talent from EU and non-EU countries to work with idealo. Please bear in mind that we will take individual decisions in close consultation with the applicant and the authorities.