Team Lead - Software Development (m|f|x)
Our mission is to make millions of users happy with individualized addressing and real wow features. Through close cooperation in cross-functional teams, with UX & Design, regular user tests and A/B tests, we jointly ensure that we work in a customer-centric manner.
In this way, we make our customer retention features even more relevant and ensure that customer activity is sustainably increased.
You know who Uncle Bob is and you understand what he is talking about? Then we're looking for you to join our Product Area Acquisition & Loyalty to make our measures even more targeted.
About your new role
- You lead, coach and develop our software developers* continuously
- You will work very closely with the Head of Technology and the Head of Product
- You are also a sparring partner for the product owner - together you develop the best possible product
- You will communicate independently with the team leads of other product areas in order to promote the technical exchange
- You never lose sight of the continuous improvement and advancement of the agile development process
- You will also design scalable microservices and web applications in collaboration with your team
- You attach great importance to the definition and observance of quality standards
- The realization of high maintainability of the software artifacts to be developed is also important to you
Skills & Requirements
- You have a degree in a technical field of study
- You have at least 5 years of professional experience in software development
- Ideally, you have experience in disciplinary leadership of technical teams and live a feedback and error culture
- Your skills in Java and the Spring Framework are excellent, and you have very good knowledge of API security concepts and Spring Security
- You are experienced in working with various persistent solutions such as JPA, MySQL, MongoDB and Spring-Data
- You also have experience with build and deployment tools like Git, Maven, and Jenkins
- You stand for a high degree of initiative, you approach problems proactively and convince with your excellent communication skills
- In addition, you convince with an agile mindset and your preferences for clean coding and TDD
At idealo you can expect
- Join one of Germany's best employers to work for and enjoy a family-friendly environment where you as an employee will be taken care of
- A people-first culture that promotes your development as a professional and person based on your strengths and personal goals
- We are a principle-based product & technology organization using OKRs for setting and measuring our goals. We work with agile methods giving a lot of responsibility and freedom to the individual teams
- Access to learning & development resources at idealo and the Axel Springer Group. Choose your preferred resources from the growing list of online courses on Udemy, extend your knowledge and professional network on conferences and meetups
- A diverse and engaged community of +300 highly skilled and experienced technologists from +40 nations at idealo and a growing network of technologists at the Axel Springer Group, all located in Europe's most modern office building in the heart of Berlin
- A competitive compensation package and various attractive benefits that are not only great for our employees but also promote a sustainable lifestyle incl. JobRad/Bike Leasing, free organic breakfast and lunch options in our canteen delivered from regional initiatives and vendors as well as delicious fair-trade coffee
idealo is a Berlin success story: in 2000 we started out with the mission of helping consumers make the best purchasing decisions. Today, with 1.5 million visits per day, 50,000 shops, and more than 330 million product offers, we are one of the most popular German e-commerce websites and one of the leading European shopping and comparison platforms. We are active as a price comparison platform in six countries (Austria, France, Germany, Great Britain, Italy, and Spain).
We are located in the heart of Berlin and offer a unique idealo spirit. Your ideas are the driving force that moves our business forward. Not only our product portfolio is diverse, but also the people who work on it. We want you just as you are! Origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation, or a degree of disability are irrelevant.
If you are passionate about improving the world of online shopping alongside 900 idealos from 40 nations, apply with us today.