Team Lead - Mobile Application Development (m|f|x)
As Team Lead - Mobile Application Development (m|f|x) in part-time or full-time you drive the evolution of our award winning e-commerce apps and their backend services. With strong skills in engineering management, you enable our team to collaborate effectively and provide support for our engineers’ professional and personal development. We are a fully integrated and autonomous team that balances using proven technologies with cutting edge experimentation, delivering best in class user experiences. We own our code and together with designers, analysts and engineers, you drive the direction of our products.
Your Tasks and Responsibilities
Leadership and development
- Develop a full stack engineering team through coaching, mentoring, and management support, improve inclusion and purpose to your team.
- Facilitate career development by aligning your employees’ personal development goals with opportunities within the organization.
- Help grow expertise about health metrics such as performance, reliability, resilience, scalability, maintainable architecture, and experimentation.
Recruiting and management
- Attract, onboard, and retain diverse top talent. Assess applications, conduct interviews, collaborate closely with our People team and other team leads to continuously improve our recruiting.
- Identify required skills in your teams and suggest hiring or external support as needed.
Process, structures, and organization
- Foster self-organization in your team by empowering everyone to take responsibility for streams of business value and technical components.
- Support incremental value delivery and high-quality standards for our team.
- Continuously improve and build supporting structures for our team. Drive broader organizational development and cross-cutting initiatives for the organization.
- You have at least 3 years of experience building and leading engineering teams and delivering top notch software with them, ideally as an Agile Coach or Team Lead.
- Your experience includes hiring and developing engineers that directly report to you.
- You are experienced in software engineering practices that support continuous delivery of business value at a sustainable pace.
- Proven experience in developing and adapting processes and structures supporting self-organization.
- Language: excellent English in written and verbal form. Proficiency in German on level C1 or C2 is a plus.
Your Benefits at idealo
- Plenty of scope for creativity in an open-minded and appreciative corporate culture.
- An open, apolitical environment that is interested in the development of the individual.
- A bunch of amazing idealos, who you will find engaging in environmental and social projects, making idealo a better and more responsible company every day.
- Family friendliness out of deep belief incl. flexible working hours, remote work option and 30+ days of holiday.
- Our new home in the heart of Berlin, light-flooded, modern rooms and a green roof terrace with a brilliant view.
idealo is a Berlin success story: in 2000 we started out with the mission of helping consumers make the best purchasing decisions. Right in the heart of Berlin, almost 1,000 employees from 40 nations are supporting our make the best purchase decision. We are focusing on agile and autonomous work, sustainability and a healthy relationship between work and private life. These values are firmly anchored in our corporate culture and an integral part of our corporate philosophy.
As part of our team, you can look forward to freedom, an international and inspiring working environment. Your ideas are particularly important to us. Not only our product portfolio is diverse, but also the people who work on it. We want you just as you are! Origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation or a severely handicapped degree do not play a role.
Information for applicants with severe disabilities: As an applicant with a severe disability, you can get advice from our Severely Disabled Representation (SBV) during the application process.
idealo continues hiring during the COVID-19 pandemic
We do still hire great talent from around the world! Due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, we are checking almost every day with the authorities if and how we can relocate talent from EU and non-EU countries to work with idealo. Please bear in mind that we will take individual decisions in close consultation with the applicant and the authorities.