Team Lead - Mobile Application Development (m|f|x)
With your leadership, you drive the evolution of our award winning e-commerce apps and their backend services. With strong skills in engineering management, you enable our team to collaborate effectively and provide support for our engineers’ professional and personal development. We are a fully integrated and autonomous team that balances using proven technologies with cutting edge experimentation, delivering best in class user experiences. We own our code and together with designers, analysts and engineers, you drive the direction of our products.
Your Tasks and Responsibilities
Leadership and development
- Develop a full stack engineering team through coaching, mentoring, and management support, improve inclusion and purpose to your team.
- Facilitate career development by aligning your employees’ personal development goals with opportunities within the organization.
- Help grow expertise about health metrics such as performance, reliability, resilience, scalability, maintainable architecture, and experimentation.
Recruiting and management
- Attract, onboard, and retain diverse top talent. Assess applications, conduct interviews, collaborate closely with our People team and other team leads to continuously improve our recruiting.
- Identify required skills in your teams and suggest hiring or external support as needed.
Process, structures, and organization
- Foster self-organization in your team by empowering everyone to take responsibility for streams of business value and technical components.
- Support incremental value delivery and high-quality standards for our team.
- Continuously improve and build supporting structures for our team. Drive broader organizational development and cross-cutting initiatives for the organization.
- You have at least 3 years of experience building and leading engineering teams and delivering top notch software with them, ideally as an Agile Coach or Team Lead.
- Your experience includes hiring and developing engineers that directly report to you.
- You are experienced in software engineering practices that support continuous delivery of business value at a sustainable pace.
- Proven experience in developing and adapting processes and structures supporting self-organization.
- Language: excellent English in written and verbal form. Proficiency in German on level C1 or C2 is a plus.
Your Benefits at idealo
- No room for stagnancy! Whether tech talks, conferences or individual training, there are countless opportunities for constructive discussion and input.
- Influence in creating and deciding individual tasks as well as direct contact with idealo partners.
- Various idealo benefits to satisfy every heart's desire, ranging from organic breakfasts to bikes that can be rented during your lunch break.
- With countless opportunities for team building such as team events and parties at Christmas and in summer, you'll be able to strengthen team spirit as well as the professional development of your department.
idealo is a Berlin success story: in 2000 we started out with the mission of helping consumers make the best purchasing decisions. Right in the heart of Berlin, over 900 employees from 40 nations are working on the future of online shopping. We are focussing on agile and self-reliant work, sustainability and a healthy relationship between work and private life. These values are firmly anchored in our corporate culture and an integral part of our corporate philosophy.
As part of our team, you can look forward to freedom, an international and inspiring working environment. Your ideas are particularly important to us. Not only our product portfolio is diverse, but also the people who work on it. We want you just as you are! Origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation or a severely handicapped degree do not play a role.