Team Lead - Machine Learning Engineering (m|f|x)
The Machine Learning Engineering team is part of the central Data Platform department at idealo. It has the mission to enable the rest of the company to build ML-based products. Our approach is a combination of internal consulting and development, along with building platform products that speed the development of new ML workflows.
We are looking for a Team Lead to help manage this established team of five machine learning engineers and a product owner. Although ML knowledge is important to understand the work of the team, the Team Lead is not expected to build ML solutions directly. A successful candidate would be highly passionate about enabling people and teams to work at their best, they would actively promote a culture of diversity and inclusion, and they would foster an environment of trust where autonomy and alignment are no contradiction.
The position as Team Lead - Machine Learning Engineering (m|f|x) is available as a full-time or part-time position.
About your new role
Be part of our leadership team in the Data Platform department
- Lead an autonomous team of five machine learning engineers
- Connect your team with the strategy of the Data Platform department and of the company
- Support your team members in their personal growth
- Support your team to establish effective and efficient collaboration structures
- Foster leadership and entrepreneurship in your team members’ attitude
- Be a role model for giving and receiving feedback
Skills & Requirements
- You have a passion for developing people and teams
- You are familiar with agile leadership principles and methods and have used them before
- You facilitate learning
- You know how to hire and retain talent for your team
- You communicate clearly and transparently
- You understand the workflow of machine learning and how ML can be integrated into product strategy
- You have a solid understanding of good practices in software engineering, like pair programming, testing, clean code
- You are fluent in English
At idealo you can expect
- Join one of Germany's best employers to work for and enjoy a family-friendly environment where you as an employee will be taken care of
- A people-first culture that promotes your development as a professional and person based on your strengths and personal goals
- We are a principle-based product & technology organization using OKRs for setting and measuring our goals. We work with agile methods giving a lot of responsibility and freedom to the individual teams
- Access to learning & development resources at idealo and the Axel Springer Group. Choose your preferred resources from the growing list of online courses on Udemy, extend your knowledge and professional network at conferences and meetups
- A diverse and engaged community of +300 highly skilled and experienced technologists from +40 nations at idealo and a growing network of technologists at the Axel Springer Group, all located in Europe's most modern office building in the heart of Berlin
- A competitive compensation package and various attractive benefits that are not only great for our employees but also promote a sustainable lifestyle incl. JobRad/Bike Leasing, free organic breakfast and lunch options in our canteen delivered from regional initiatives and vendors as well as delicious fair-trade coffee
idealo is a Berlin success story: in 2000 we started out with the mission of helping consumers make the best purchasing decisions. Right in the heart of Berlin, almost 1,000 employees from 40 nations are supporting our make the best purchase decision. We focussing on agile and autonomous work, sustainability, and a healthy relationship between work and private life. These values are firmly anchored in our corporate culture and an integral part of our corporate philosophy.
As part of our team, you can look forward to freedom, an international and inspiring working environment. Your ideas are particularly important to us. Not only our product portfolio is diverse, but also the people who work on it. We want you just as you are! Origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation, or a severely handicapped degree do not play a role.
Information for applicants with severe disabilities: As an applicant with a severe disability, you can get advice from our Severely Disabled Representation (SBV) during the application process.
idealo continues hiring during the COVID-19 pandemic
We do still hire great talent from around the world! Our interview process is currently fully remote, however we are glad to be back at the office in hybrid mode soon. idealos will then be spending their time partly at the office in Berlin and partly remote. Feel free to reach out for further infos!