Team Lead - Data Platform (f|m|x)
Deutschland, Berlin, BerlinTechnology & Data
We are looking for a people-focused Team Lead who will work closely with the team’s Product Owner and Tech Lead to enable engineers to create valuable data solutions empowering idealo to be a truly data-driven company.
The person we are looking for is passionate about empowering people to be at their best. You would also promote a culture of diversity and inclusion and create an environment of trust where autonomy and alignment are no contradiction.
This position is available full-time or part-time.
About your new role
- You take good care of a team of 5-6 engineers.
- You shape and empower your team's culture by leading by example, following core Agile values and principles, creating a safe environment for open and honest opinions and personal growth.
- Your main tasks are to build a high performing team, grow and retain talents, e.g. by supporting your team members in their personal and professional development, providing coaching and feedback.
- You are a pro-active member of the Data Platform department’s leadership team shaping the department’s future
- You work closely with the Tech Lead and Product Owner of your team while connecting it to the strategy of the Data Platform department and the company.
- You support your team in building and improving effective and efficient collaboration and communication structures withing the company.
- You develop a strong sense of ownership and accountability among your team members.
Skills & Requirements
- You have passion for developing people and teams and have proven experience in implementing these skills.
- You are familiar with the Agile values and methods and are able to apply them or you have a strong wilt to learn it.
- You can bring structure to complex situations and communicate, implement them clearly.
- You can facilitate and support strategy development and goal setting on personal, team, and department level.
- You give and receive open, honest, and appreciative feedback.
- A clear and transparent communication. Also, you are fluent in English.
Your benefits at idealo
- No room for stagnancy! Whether tech talks, conferences or individual training, there are countless opportunities for
constructive discussion and input
- Plenty of time for digital detox! There are many creative and agile paths for you to take that can serve as a balance to daily work in front of a computer screen. In addition, you are never too far away from your colleagues should you wish to avoid long telephone calls and complicated emails.
- There is no room for monotony here! Together with more than 10 different departments within the Product and Technology umbrella, you will work on a variety of topics and ambitious goals.
- Various idealo benefits to satisfy every heart's desire, ranging from organic breakfasts in the morning to bikes that can be rented during the lunch break.
- With countless opportunities for team bonding such as team events and parties at Christmas and in summer, you will be able to strengthen team spirit as well as the professional development of your department.
- Welcome to Berlin: our new headquarter with its outstanding modern architecture and light-flooded offices is located close to the former Berlin Wall in the center of what used to be the heart of Berlin's news and publishers economy.
idealo is a Berlin success story: in 2000 we started out with the mission of helping consumers make the best purchasing decisions. Right in the heart of Berlin, almost 1,000 employees from 40 nations are supporting our make the best purchasde decision. We focussing on agile and autonomous work, sustainability and a healthy relationship between work and private life. These values are firmly anchored in our corporate culture and an integral part of our corporate philosophy.
As part of our team, you can look forward to freedom, an international and inspiring working environment. Your ideas are particularly important to us. Not only our product portfolio is diverse, but also the people who work on it. We want you just as you are! Origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation or a severely handicapped degree do not play a role.
Information for applicants with severe disabilities: As an applicant with a severe disability, you can get advice from our Severely Disabled Representation (SBV) during the application process.
idealo continues hiring during the COVID-19 pandemic
We do still hire great talent from around the world! Our interview process is currently fully remote, however we are glad to be back at the office in hybrid mode soon. idealos will then be spending their time partly at the office in Berlin and partly remote. Feel free to reach out for further infos!
Vielen Dank für Deine Bewerbung!
Deine Bewerbung wurde an uns weitergeleitet. Wir prüfen Deine Unterlagen und melden uns in den kommenden Tagen bei Dir zurück. Du willst über idealo auf dem Laufenden bleiben? Folge uns auf LinkedIn.