System Engineer - Team Compute (m|f|x)
In its data center idealo runs a virtualized server landscape as well as an up-to-date container platform with Kubernetes. In doing so, our responsibility for this infrastructure is developing from classical administration towards modern Site Reliability Engineering. As part of the department Platform Operations we work collectively in a continuous growth and variety of tech challenges and therefore we are looking for another System Engineer (m|f|x) to join us.
About your new role
- In an agile team environment, you manage the idealo infrastructure of 1.000+ H/W servers, 3.500+ VMs and our container platform
- Your work focuses on maintenance, advancement and automation of our container orchestration as well as our server infrastructure towards our understanding of “You-build-it-you-run-it”
- You promote the development of our self-services and contribute to shaping idealos DevOps culture, therefore you foreground our software development teams as customers
- You are part of our 24/7 on-call rotation
Skills & Requirements
- You already gathered multi-year experience as a System Engineer or a System Developer and bring orientation for platform-as-code
- Your heart beats for Linux (Debian, CentOS) and you are well versed in managing hardware, VMs (KVM) and containers (Kubernetes)
- You utilize your programming experience to automate your daily work, CD does not only change your directory
- You work solution oriented, apply your communicative competence and interpret your activities as supply of services
- You want to work in a learning organization, you visualize error culture as something value-creating and ideally you are familiar with an agile working environment (Scrum/Kanban)
Your benefits at idealo
- No room for stagnancy! Whether tech talks, conferences or individual training, there are countless opportunities for constructive discussion and input
- Influence in creating and deciding individual tasks as well as direct contact with idealo partner
- Various idealo benefits to satisfy every heart's desire, ranging from organic breakfasts to bikes that can be rented during the lunch break
- With countless opportunities for team building such as team events and parties at Christmas and in summer, you'll be able to strengthen team spirit as well as the professional development of your department
idealo is a Berlin success story: in 2000 we started out with the mission of helping consumers make the best purchasing decisions. Right in the heart of Berlin, over 800 employees from 40 nations are working on the future of online shopping. We focussing on agile and self-reliant work, sustainability and a healthy relationship between work and private life. These values are firmly anchored in our corporate culture and an integral part of our corporate philosophy.
As part of our team, you can look forward to freedom, an international and inspiring working environment. Your ideas are particularly important to us. Not only our product portfolio is diverse, but also the people who work on it. We want you just as you are! Origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation or a severely handicapped degree do not play a role.
idealo continues hiring during the COVID-19 pandemic.
We do still hire great talent from around the world! Due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, we are checking almost every day with the authorities if and how we can relocate talent from EU and non-EU countries to work with idealo. Please bear in mind that we will take individual decisions in close consultation with the applicant and the authorities.