System Engineer - Persistence (m|f|x)
The persistence team is responsible for designing, implementing, operating and further development of services related to the persistence-layer during the whole life-cycle of a product including our container platform. As a new member of the team you are enthusiastic about building scalable, resilient and highly available products for data storage and are eager to take part in a highly collaborative open-minded and inspiring environment.
As a new member of the team within our product area Platform Operations you are enthusiastic about topics like scalable, resilient and high availability and are eager to take part in a highly collaborative open-minded and inspiring environment.
About your new role
- Take eagerly part in an agile working environment and strive for continuous learning and improvement in our organization
- As a system engineer you will be supporting and consulting our developers and peers with their requests regarding database systems, software defined storage systems and other persistence solutions
- Design and build resilient, high available, scalable products and provide support around our persistence layer with self-services and automation
- Diagnose and troubleshoot complex distributed systems handling large volumes of data and develop sustainable solutions
- You are part of our on-call rotation according to the principle of “you build it - you run it”
Skills & Requirements
- You have at least 4+ years of working experience and 2+ years developing software with Python, GoLang, Java or other programming languages
- You have a solid understanding of container orchestration and Kubernetes and Linux
- As a communicative, customer-oriented and self-organizing person, you enjoy collaboration across different teams
- You prefer automation over manual tasks and have several years of experience building administrative software and automation using Python, GoLang, Java or other programming languages
- Further, you have outstanding knowledge or are enthusiastic about DB systems, data storage solutions or software defined storage systems like MongoDB, MySQL, Hadoop, PostgreSQL, Elasticsearch and Ceph
- You master the field of automation and configuration management with tools like Puppet, Ansible, Terraform or others
Your benefits at idealo
- Training opportunities for your individual management or specialist career
- The provision of all necessary equipment that you need to deliver top performances
- Employees are self-reliant and free to schedule their own work day
- Onboarding program including Welcome Day, Trainings and individual incorporation
- The chance to work together on our goals, while also working to create something new
- 900 motivated colleagues and a cool office loft in the trendy district of Kreuzberg
idealo is a Berlin success story: in 2000 we started out with the mission of helping consumers make the best purchasing decisions. Today, with 1.5 million visits per day, 50,000 shops and more than 330 million product offers, we are one of the most popular German e-commerce websites and one of the leading European shopping and comparison platforms. We are active as a price comparison platform in six countries (Austria, France, Germany, Great Britain, Italy and Spain).
As a member of our team, you can look forward to working with a large degree of freedom in an international and inspirational environment. We are located in the heart of Berlin and offer a unique idealo spirit. Your ideas are the driving force that moves our business forward. Not only our product portfolio is diverse, but also the people who work on it. We want you just as you are! Origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation or a degree of disability are irrelevant.
If you are passionate about improving the world of online shopping alongside 900 idealos from 40 nations, apply with us today.