System Engineer - Databases (m|f|x)
The persistence team is responsible for designing, implementing, operating and further development of all topics related to the persistence-layer during the whole life-cycle a product including our container platform.
As a new member of the team within our product area Platform Operations you are enthusiastic about topics like scalable, resilient and high availability and are eager to take part in a highly collaborative open-minded and inspiring environment.
About your new role
- Take eagerly part in an agile working environment and strive for continuous learning and improvement in our organization
- As a system engineer you will be supporting and consulting our developers and peers with their requests around database systems, software defined storage systems and other persistence solutions
- Design and build resilient, high available, scalable services and provide support around our persistence layer with self-services and automation
- Diagnose and troubleshoot complex distributed systems handling large volumes of data and develop sustainable solutions
- You are part of our on-call rotation according to the principle of “you build it - you run it”
Skills & Requirements
- You have 4+ years of working experience in this role and are an expert for Linux
- As a communicative, customer-oriented and self-organization person, you enjoy collaboration across teams
- You got excellent experience with building software using Python, GoLang, Java or other programming languages
- Further, you have outstanding knowledge about DB systems like MongoDB, MySQL, PostgreSQL, Elasticsearch, software defined storage systems like Ceph or other
- Automation and configuration management with Puppet, Ansible, Terraform or other
- You also have good Know-how about Kubernetes and version control systems like Git
Your benefits at idealo
- Training opportunities for your individual management or specialist career
- The provision of all necessary equipment that you need to deliver top performances
- Employees are self-reliant and free to schedule their own work day
- Onboarding program including Welcome Day, Trainings and individual incorporation
- The chance to work together on our goals, while also working to create something new
- 900 motivated colleagues and a cool office loft in the trendy district of Kreuzberg
idealo is a Berlin success story: in 2000 we started out with the mission of helping consumers make the best purchasing decisions. Today, with 1.5 million visits per day, 50,000 shops and more than 330 million product offers, we are one of the most popular German e-commerce websites and one of the leading European shopping and comparison platforms. We are active as a price comparison platform in six countries (Austria, France, Germany, Great Britain, Italy and Spain).
As a member of our team, you can look forward to working with a large degree of freedom in an international and inspirational environment. We are located in the heart of Berlin and offer a unique idealo spirit. Your ideas are the driving force that moves our business forward. Not only our product portfolio is diverse, but also the people who work on it. We want you just as you are! Origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation or a degree of disability are irrelevant.
If you are passionate about improving the world of online shopping alongside 900 idealos from 40 nations, apply with us today.