System Developer - Team Compute (m|f|x)
You are Cloud Native and want to build solutions on a cloud infrastructure? You’re in love with Kubernetes and fancy Coding? Become part of idealos department Platform Operations and do modern Site Reliability Engineering with us!
The position as System Developer - Team Compute (m|f|x) is available as a full-time or part-time position.
About your new role
- In an international and agile team environment, you manage the idealo Infrastructure-as-Code and develop our Cloud Computing
- Your work focuses on automation
- You maintain and advance our container orchestration towards our understanding of “You-build-it-you-run-it”
- You promote the development of our self-services and contribute to shaping idealos DevOps culture, therefore you emphasize our software development teams as customers
Skills & Requirements
- You already gathered multi-year experience as a System Developer or a System Engineer and bring orientation for platform-as-code
- You are well versed in Cloud Computing and managing Containers (Kubernetes)
- You utilize your programming experience to automate your daily work, CD does not only change your directory
- You work solution oriented, apply your communicative competence and interpret your activities as supply of services
- You want to work in a learning organization, you visualize error culture as something value-creating and ideally you are familiar with an agile working environment
Your benefits at idealo
- No room for stagnancy! Whether tech talks, conferences or individual training, there are countless opportunities for constructive discussion and input
- Plenty of time for digital detox! There are many creative and agile paths for you to take that can serve as a balance to daily work in front of a computer screen. In addition, you are never too far away from your colleagues should you wish to avoid long telephone calls and complicated emails.
- There is no room for monotony here! Together with more than 10 different departments within the Product and Technology umbrella, you will work on a variety of topics and ambitious goals.
- Various idealo benefits to satisfy every heart's desire, ranging from organic breakfasts in the morning to bikes that can be rented during the lunch break.
- With countless opportunities for team bonding such as team events and parties at Christmas and in summer, you will be able to strengthen team spirit as well as the professional development of your department.
- Welcome to Berlin: our new headquarter with its outstanding modern architecture and light-flooded offices is located close to the former Berlin Wall in the center of what used to be the heart of Berlin's news and publishers economy.
idealo is a Berlin success story: in 2000 we started out with the mission of helping consumers make the best purchasing decisions. Right in the heart of Berlin, almost 1,000 employees from 40 nations are supporting our make the best purchasde decision. We focussing on agile and autonomous work, sustainability and a healthy relationship between work and private life. These values are firmly anchored in our corporate culture and an integral part of our corporate philosophy.
As part of our team, you can look forward to freedom, an international and inspiring working environment. Your ideas are particularly important to us. Not only our product portfolio is diverse, but also the people who work on it. We want you just as you are! Origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation or a severely handicapped degree do not play a role.
Information for applicants with severe disabilities: As an applicant with a severe disability, you can get advice from our Severely Disabled Representation (SBV) during the application process. Please contact email@example.com.
idealo continues hiring during the COVID-19 pandemic.
We do still hire great talent from around the world! Due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, we are checking almost every day with the authorities if and how we can relocate talent from EU and non-EU countries to work with idealo. Please bear in mind that we will take individual decisions in close consultation with the applicant and the authorities.