Software Engineer (PHP) (m|f|x)
As a developer of the product area "Merchant Business" you will work on our complex software landscape for event processing of clicks and sales. Besides topics such as fraud detection and machine learning, you will develop exciting features for our B2B customers.
You will find yourself in an agile environment, in a team that is constantly developing. We decide autonomously on our technology stack and take responsibility for it.
About your new role
- Your tasks include the development of modern PHP 7 (Micro-) Services e.g. with Slim 3/4 and Yii 2 and their operation on a Kubernetes Cluster
- You also use Amazon Web Services to solve a variety of challenges
- You will also be responsible for the development and integration of APIs
- The data storage in relational and non-relational databases, as well as the use of technologies like Elasticsearch, are part of your activities
- You work with NGINX, PHP-FPM and DevOps tools such as Jenkins, Concourse and Terraform
- Continuous deployment with container technologies are your daily bread
Skills & Requirements
- You have several years of experience in the development of PHP backend services
- You have an understanding of high-performance and scalable software architectures in enterprise environments
- You are practiced with working in the cloud and in connecting services via REST APIs
- You are experienced in writing PHP unit tests and other testing strategies
- A solid handling of SQL is a given for you
- You work on complex topics with enthusiasm
- You take responsibility for your tasks and convince with clear communication and confident participation in discussions and can, therefore, integrate into your team
- A customer-oriented approach is a matter of course for you, which means that you always have the needs of our customers in mind
- You have very good German and English skills for daily communication with your colleagues
Your benefits at idealo
- Training opportunities for your individual career
- Adequate compensation, relocation support
- Family-friendly and environmental-friendly company policy
- International, open-minded working environment with 800 people from 40 countries
- The provision of all necessary equipment that you need to deliver top performances
- Employees are self-reliant and free to schedule their own workday
- Onboarding program including Welcome Day, Trainings and individual incorporation
- The chance to work together on our goals, while also working to create something new
- A cool office loft in the trendy, international district of Berlin-Kreuzberg
idealo is a Berlin success story: in 2000 we started out with the mission of helping consumers make the best purchasing decisions. Right in the heart of Berlin, over 800 employees from 40 nations are working on the future of online shopping. We focussing on agile and self-reliant work, sustainability and a healthy relationship between work and private life. These values are firmly anchored in our corporate culture and an integral part of our corporate philosophy.
As part of our team, you can look forward to freedom, an international and inspiring working environment. Your ideas are particularly important to us. Not only our product portfolio is diverse, but also the people who work on it. We want you just as you are! Origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation or a severely handicapped degree do not play a role.