Software Engineer (Java) - Payment (m|f|x)
The team: Payment
We’re currently transforming our price comparison shopping site to an e-commerce platform that gives optimal advice to our customers in their online purchase decisions and allows them to directly purchase on our platform. In order to make this transformation possible, we’re working on far-reaching improvements to our architecture. At the same time, we introduce major new capabilities, e.g. a new way of doing payments in our checkout.
About your new role
Together with your team, you will enhance the payment system for idealo Checkout, which handles thousands of transactions daily. As a team, you are responsible for all phases of the lifecycle (requirements management with stakeholders, architecture, implementation, test automation, operation, and monitoring). You will integrate sophisticated new payment solutions into our systems and further develop our internal payment management tools.
- You embrace healthy modern engineering practices through writing clean, well-tested and well-structured code with the team
- You own the complete software lifecycle and drive innovation for technical excellence
- You have a high degree of initiative and you approach problems proactively
- You are familiar with AWS and hybrid cloud environments and can operate what you build
- You love agile methodologies like Scrum as much as we do
Skills & Requirements
- You have at least 3 years of professional experience as a software engineer in the development of backend services and modern web applications
- You have experience in the development of e-commerce systems or payment solutions
- You have worked in an agile and delivering-focused team before
- You are interested in Domain-Driven Design, Event-Driven Architecture and Infrastructure as Code
- You utilize modern technologies like Java 11, Spring Boot, Kubernetes, Docker, Kafka, Jenkins, MongoDB
- You have a passion for professional software development (algorithms, design patterns, clean code, agile processes, data structures) and embrace software craftsmanship
- You have excellent communication skills in English both written and verbal
- Give and take open, constructive feedback. It is not always easy but that is the foundation of great teams
At idealo you can expect
- Join one of Germany's best employers to work for and enjoy a family-friendly environment where you as an employee will be taken care of
- A people-first culture that promotes your development as a professional and person based on your strengths and personal goals
- We are a principle-based product & technology organization using OKRs for setting and measuring our goals. We work with agile methods giving a lot of responsibility and freedom to the individual teams
- Access to learning & development resources at idealo and the Axel Springer Group. Choose your preferred resources from the growing list of online courses on Udemy, extend your knowledge and professional network on conferences and meetups
- A diverse and engaged community of +300 highly skilled and experienced technologists from +40 nations at idealo and a growing network of technologists at the Axel Springer Group, all located in Europe's most modern office building in the heart of Berlin
- A competitive compensation package and various attractive benefits that are not only great for our employees but also promote a sustainable lifestyle incl. JobRad/Bike Leasing, free organic breakfast and lunch options in our canteen delivered from regional initiatives and vendors as well as delicious fair-trade coffee
idealo is a Berlin success story: in 2000 we started out with the mission of helping consumers make the best purchasing decisions. Right in the heart of Berlin, over 900 employees from 40 nations are working on the future of online shopping. We focussing on agile and self-reliant work, sustainability, and a healthy relationship between work and private life. These values are firmly anchored in our corporate culture and an integral part of our corporate philosophy.
As part of our team, you can look forward to freedom, an international and inspiring working environment. Your ideas are particularly important to us. Not only our product portfolio is diverse, but also the people who work on it. We want you just as you are! Origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation, or a severely handicapped degree do not play a role.
We do still hire great talent from around the world! Due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, we are checking almost every day with the authorities if and how we can relocate talent from EU and non-EU countries to work with idealo. Please bear in mind that we will take individual decisions in close consultation with the applicant and the authorities.