In our Product Area, "Inventory," we import all the inventory data from merchants and make it available for frontends and analytics, moving and transforming several terabytes of data every day.
We, as a team, Inventory Analytics, provide high-quality data-driven products, continuously improving our high-performance pipelines with state-of-the-art technology. The team ensures that up to 1 billion daily offer updates from retailers are processed and prepared for analytical purposes. With real-time analytics solutions, we meet challenging demands for inventory quality checking to ensure our users see only correct and up-to-date information.
About your new role
- Together with your team of 4 engineers, you design and implement new processes that will enrich the data and ensure the quality for the downstream consumers.
- In this role, you will be jointly responsible for designing, developing, implementing, and maintaining (data) products with end-to-end ownership. To provide automated filtering of our data streams, detection of errors, and ensuring data plausibility in the inventory area.
- Build and shape our inventory data as a product. As part of the Offer value chain, we contribute to the data that results in the best buying decision for the end customer. With reliable inventory data, we will enable the business to improve strategies continuously, which will result in a significant business impact.
- Data correctness is a top priority of idealo, and we are a big part of it - we enable technically/operationally new ways to ensure the quality of data until it reaches the end customer.
- Act like an owner and execute the whole software engineering workflow.
- Be an advocate for (data) products inside and outside your team and ensure the quality of our (data) products - and monitor them accordingly.
Skills & Requirements
- Completed studies in the field of computer science, STEM, or a comparable course of study.
- Programming experience in an object-oriented programming language (e.g., Python, Java, C++), SQL, relational databases, Apache Spark or comparable technologies.
- Experience in the development of complex distributed systems (e.g., microservices).
- You have in-depth knowledge of cloud providers AWS, GCP, or Azure.
- You are well-versed with IAC frameworks (e.g., Terraform, AWS CDK and AWS CloudFormation).
- Fluent in English (written and spoken) and good knowledge in German (B2).
You don't tick all the boxes? Don't worry, we are looking for employees who convince us with their personality and are motivated to go on full power with their team!
At idealo you can expect
- You don't live in Berlin and want to work from home? Our hybrid working model offers you the freedom to work flexibly from all over Germany. Together we will find the best solution that works for you. In return, you get everything you need for your job (a laptop and an optional noise-cancelling headset).
- You need vacation? We offer you 30 days of vacation. Not enough? You can "buy" an additional 15 days every year by converting your salary and it's seen as a positive thing.
- You want to further your education? We take your personal development goals seriously and, in addition to our idealo Learning Hub, eLearning offerings (e.g., Udemy, DataCamp), coaching & mediation, we also offer you the opportunity to benefit individually from additional learning and development budget.
- And what about the office? Our office in the heart of Berlin offers free organic breakfast, excellent subsidized lunch, as well as free coffee, lemonades and after-work beer, in addition to the "standard foosball". It also has a fabulous rooftop terrace with view of the whole of berlin where you can network with colleagues from our group of companies.
- You don't live in Germany yet? We support you in the visa process and with your relocation.
- You are a parent of a child that’s in need of daycare? Your needs are well looked after with our company KiTa which enables you to keep focused on work with no worries. In addition, you are paid in full for up to 30 sick days per child per year and if you are a single parent, even up to 60 sick days.
idealo is a Berlin success story: in 2000 we started out with the mission of helping consumers make the best purchasing decisions. Today, with 1.5 million visits per day, 50,000 shops, and more than 330 million product offers, we are one of the most popular German e-commerce websites and one of the leading European shopping and comparison platforms. We are active as a price comparison platform in six countries (Austria, France, Germany, Great Britain, Italy, and Spain).
We are located in the heart of Berlin and offer a unique idealo spirit. Your ideas are the driving force that moves our business forward. Not only our product portfolio is diverse, but also the people who work on it. We want you just as you are! Origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation, or a degree of disability are irrelevant.
If you are passionate about improving the world of online shopping alongside 1000 idealos from 60 nations, apply with us today.
Information for applicants with severe disabilities: As an applicant with a severe disability, you can get advice from our Representative Body for Severely Disabled People (SBV) during the application process. Please inform us regarding this topic.
For the inclusion of people with disabilities, our office is accessible without steps. When you start with us, we will see what else is needed!
Work in the office and from wherever you like.
idealo allows you to work from wherever you are. As part of our Hybrid Work at idealo, you decide whether and how often you work from our office in Berlin or remotely because you live in another city within Germany or the café down the street makes the best coffee cream. Only about once a month, there will be mandatory office days to bring idealos together at company, department or team level, including stunning views from our roof terrace. Find out what Hybrid Work at idealo is all about here and in a personal conversation in the interviews!
Vielen Dank für Deine Bewerbung!
Deine Bewerbung wurde an uns weitergeleitet. Wir prüfen Deine Unterlagen und melden uns in den kommenden Tagen bei Dir zurück. Du willst über idealo auf dem Laufenden bleiben? Folge uns auf LinkedIn.