Software Engineer Frontend (m/f/x) - Travel/Flight
As the Flight-Frontend team, we are the visual interface between the offers of numerous shops with thousands of flight offers and customers looking for the best offer. Our goal is to help our customers find the right flight offer independently and with transparency.
A modern, stable, and performing website is just as important as content and offers. The use of current technologies and the constant further development and modernization of our platform should also continue to distinguish us as a top address when it comes to comparing airfares in the future.
You not only have your finger on the pulse of the times with your knowledge but also want to remain that way? Do you not only want to contribute your ideas but also be able to implement them? Do you want to work on a large international project in an international environment? If these points apply to you, then we are looking for you as a Software Engineer Frontend (m/f/x) on a part-time or full-time basis.
About your new role
- As part of the flight frontend team, you will work on our website, which is one of the top travel sites in Germany with a high level of user interaction.
- You will be involved in the conception and development of new features and the migration of existing components.
- You are responsible for the independent implementation and creation of technical concepts.
- With performance analyses and the writing of automated tests, you guarantee the stability of our platform.
- You share your knowledge by writing documentation and actively communicating with the team.
Skills & Requirements
- You have already developed projects to market maturity and supported them in operation.
- You are communicative and like to share your knowledge with your team members.
- You also think in a solution-oriented way and enjoy discussing different approaches to solutions in your team.
- You have worked with various CSS concepts and libraries (e.g. less, sass, jss, styled-components, material-ui).
Your benefits at idealo
- No room for stagnancy! Whether tech talks, conferences, or individual training, there are countless opportunities for constructive discussion and input
- Plenty of time for a digital detox! There are many creative and agile paths for you to take that can serve as a balance to daily work in front of a computer screen. In addition, you are never too far away from your colleagues should you wish to avoid long telephone calls and complicated emails.
- There is no room for monotony here! Together with more than 10 different departments within the Product and Technology umbrella, you will work on a variety of topics and ambitious goals.
- Various idealo benefits satisfy every heart's desire, ranging from organic breakfasts in the morning to bikes that can be rented during the lunch break.
- With countless opportunities for team bonding such as team events and parties at Christmas and in summer, you will be able to strengthen team spirit as well as the professional development of your department.
- Welcome to Berlin: our new headquarter with its outstanding modern architecture and light-flooded offices is located close to the former Berlin Wall in the center of what used to be the heart of Berlin's news and publishers economy.
idealo is a Berlin success story: in 2000 we started out with the mission of helping consumers make the best purchasing decisions. Right in the heart of Berlin, almost 1,000 employees from 40 nations are supporting our make the best purchase decision. We focussing on agile and autonomous work, sustainability, and a healthy relationship between work and private life. These values are firmly anchored in our corporate culture and an integral part of our corporate philosophy. As part of our team, you can look forward to freedom, an international and inspiring working environment. Your ideas are particularly important to us. Not only our product portfolio is diverse, but also the people who work on it. We want you just as you are! Origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation or a severely handicapped degree do not play a role.
Information for applicants with severe disabilities: As an applicant with a severe disability, you can get advice from our Severely Disabled Representation (SBV) during the application process.
idealo continues hiring during the COVID-19 pandemic
We do still hire great talent from around the world! Due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, we are checking almost every day with the authorities if and how we can relocate talent from EU and non-EU countries to work with idealo. Please bear in mind that we will take individual decisions in close consultation with the applicant and the authorities.