Software Engineer Frontend (m|f|x)
As part of our team, you can look forward to freedom, an international and inspiring working environment in the heart of Berlin and the very own idealo spirit. Let's make the travel industry even more customer-friendly together! Your ideas are especially important for us. We offer you the latest technologies, a first-class work-life balance and room for your personal development. If you can identify with these values, then you are absolutely right here with us!
The position as Software Engineer Frontend - Travel/Hotel (m|f|x) is advertised as a full-time or part-time position.
About your new role
- As part of the travel team, you will work on a highly interactive website that is one of the top sites in Germany.
- You will be involved in the conceptual design and development of new features.
- You will independently implement technical concepts by programming new or adapting existing software components.
- You enjoy continuously developing and improving existing solutions.
Skills & Requirements
- You have already developed projects to market level and supervised them operationally.
- You think in a solution-oriented way and enjoy comparing different approaches and discussing them in a team.
- You already have experience with TypeScript and Angular 2+, with the Flux Pattern (especially NgRx, @ngrx/effects), server-side rendering, and various CSS concepts (e.g. SASS, BEM, Modules). Experience with Node.js is a plus.
- You also have basic knowledge of Linux shell.
Your benefits at idealo
- No room for stagnancy! Whether tech talks, conferences or individual training, there are countless opportunities for constructive discussion and input
- Plenty of time for digital detox! There are many creative and agile paths for you to take that can serve as a balance to daily work in front of a computer screen. In addition, you are never too far away from your colleagues should you wish to avoid long telephone calls and complicated emails.
- There is no room for monotony here! Together with more than 10 different departments within the Product and Technology umbrella, you will work on a variety of topics and ambitious goals.
- Various idealo benefits to satisfy every heart's desire, ranging from organic breakfasts in the morning to bikes that can be rented during the lunch break.
- With countless opportunities for team bonding such as team events and parties at Christmas and in summer, you will be able to strengthen team spirit as well as the professional development of your department.
- Welcome to Berlin: our new headquarter with its outstanding modern architecture and light-flooded offices is located close to the former Berlin Wall in the center of what used to be the heart of Berlin's news and publishers economy.
idealo is a Berlin success story: in 2000 we started out with the mission of helping consumers make the best purchasing decisions. Right in the heart of Berlin, almost 1,000 employees from 40 nations are supporting our make the best purchase decision. We focussing on agile and autonomous work, sustainability, and a healthy relationship between work and private life. These values are firmly anchored in our corporate culture and an integral part of our corporate philosophy. As part of our team, you can look forward to freedom, an international and inspiring working environment. Your ideas are particularly important to us. Not only our product portfolio is diverse, but also the people who work on it. We want you just as you are! Origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation or a severely handicapped degree do not play a role.
Information for applicants with severe disabilities: As an applicant with a severe disability, you can get advice from our Severely Disabled Representation (SBV) during the application process.
idealo continues hiring during the COVID-19 pandemic
We do still hire great talent from around the world! Due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, we are checking almost every day with the authorities if and how we can relocate talent from EU and non-EU countries to work with idealo. Please bear in mind that we will take individual decisions in close consultation with the applicant and the authorities.