Software Engineer Backend (m|f|x) - idealo travel
As a member of our idealo travel team, you will get the feeling of the positive mentality from our helpful colleagues and the flair of the travel industry. We are located in the heart of Berlin and offer a unique idealo spirit.
If you want to be involved in a project where you can really make an impact, this is the place to be! From old legacy to cloud migration – we have exciting projects to offer.
The position as Software Engineer Backend (m|f|x) is available as a full-time or part-time position.
About your new role
- You design and develop the search systems for the idealo travel websites and apps
- You also define the service structure in k8s.
- Rewriting monolith components in a microservice setup sounds like fun to you.
- As a DevOps you are able to form an important interface.
Skills & Requirements
- You have completed successfully your degree in computer science, natural science or any other relevant field.
- You have proven working experience in two of the following Skills: Java, PHP, Golang and cloud technologies.
- You don’t hesitate to ask questions but also like to figure things out by yourself, always with an adaptive and solution orientated mindset.
- You have excellent oral, written and presentation skills in English (German is a plus).
Your benefits at idealo
- No room for stagnancy! Whether tech talks, conferences or individual training, there are countless opportunities for constructive discussion and input
- Plenty of time for digital detox! There are many creative and agile paths for you to take that can serve as a balance to daily work in front of a computer screen. In addition, you are never too far away from your colleagues should you wish to avoid long telephone calls and complicated emails.
- There is no room for monotony here! Together with more than 10 different departments within the Product and Technology umbrella, you will work on a variety of topics and ambitious goals.
- Various idealo benefits to satisfy every heart's desire, ranging from organic breakfasts in the morning to bikes that can be rented during the lunch break.
- With countless opportunities for team bonding such as team events and parties at Christmas and in summer, you will be able to strengthen team spirit as well as the professional development of your department.
- Welcome to Berlin: our new headquarter with its outstanding modern architecture and light-flooded offices is located close to the former Berlin Wall in the center of what used to be the heart of Berlin's news and publishers economy.
idealo is a Berlin success story: in 2000 we started out with the mission of helping consumers make the best purchasing decisions. Right in the heart of Berlin, almost 1,000 employees from 40 nations are supporting our make the best purchasde decision. We focussing on agile and autonomous work, sustainability and a healthy relationship between work and private life. These values are firmly anchored in our corporate culture and an integral part of our corporate philosophy.
As part of our team, you can look forward to freedom, an international and inspiring working environment. Your ideas are particularly important to us. Not only our product portfolio is diverse, but also the people who work on it. We want you just as you are! Origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation or a severely handicapped degree do not play a role.
Information for applicants with severe disabilities: As an applicant with a severe disability, you can get advice from our Severely Disabled Representation (SBV) during the application process. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
idealo continues hiring during the COVID-19 pandemic
We do still hire great talent from around the world! Due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, we are checking almost every day with the authorities if and how we can relocate talent from EU and non-EU countries to work with idealo. Please bear in mind that we will take individual decisions in close consultation with the applicant and the authorities.