Software Engineer - AWS Cloud & Search Engine (m|f|x)
Standort flexibelDeutschland, Berlin, BerlinTechnology & Data
Your contribution counts
Our team helps millions of people every day to find and compare products and prices across shops. Taking our services to the cloud you can make the difference in redesigning the architecture for the future of search. The search team focuses on finding new ways and technologies to serve our customers with the most relevant results. You can be part of our team that’s continuously exploring and improving solutions for customer query understanding and product result ranking for the best match.
To achieve this, you’ll be working together with Java Engineers, Machine Learning Engineers and Data Scientists as we strongly believe a cross-functional team finds the best solutions!
What to expect
You can expect purpose - providing people with a fair and unbiased service unlike any other B2C e-commerce company. Day to day, you would find freedom to work it your way - shaping the search with interesting challenges tackled together, in our team of 9 amazing colleagues. The challenge awaits you - to serve >40 million customers with >2 billion offers in <100ms search response time. You have the freedom of choice, shaping the cloud architecture and tech-stack to scale our services future proof for growing demands.
Life-long learning is valued through prototyping, reading time and budget, visits to hackathons and events as well as knowledge sharing within and across teams.
We appreciate a healthy work/life balance without long hours (full-/part-time). There`s space to be yourself - working with passionate, smart and friendly people, meeting regularly in the office and enjoying a family friendly, 100% remote workplace.
About the new role
- Design, develop and operate the AWS cloud infrastructure to run our search services. You help to migrate on-premise solutions to the cloud.
- Build up knowledge and share best practices in search for continuous improvements and innovation.
- Use our data lake and Customer Data Platform to optimize and personalize the search experience.
- Share responsibility developing our customized Lucene search engine and eco-system.
- Develop the search query understanding (customer intent) and/or search result generation (product ranking).
Skills & Requirements
- You are proficient in establishing and maintaining AWS cloud services and applying Infrastructure as Code principles.
- You are proficient with Java and the Spring ecosystem. As a plus, you are familiar with message streaming platforms such as Apache Kafka and NoSQL databases like MongoDB.
- You are passionate about search engines (Lucene, Solr, Elastic).
- You speak English and/or German.
- You are comfortable with remote teamwork.
Nice to have
- Understanding the concepts of semantic modelling in graph databases.
- Comfortable collaborating and communicating with cross-functional teams and roles to achieve the team's goals.
You do not have to meet 100% of the requirements. Please apply if you meet more than 50%. We recognize that valuable experience comes in many forms. If you only partially meet some criteria, please apply anyway. We are very open to unusual profiles and motivated young professionals.
At idealo you can expect
- You don't live in Berlin and want to work from home? Our hybrid work model offers you the freedom to work from all over Germany in a mobile and flexible way. Together we will find the best solution that works for you. In return, you get everything you need for your work (noise-canceling headset, laptop, etc.).
- You need vacation? We offer you 30 days of vacation. Not enough? You can "buy" an additional 15 days every year by converting your salary and it's seen as a positive thing.
- You want to further your education? We take your personal development goals seriously and, in addition to our idealo Learning Hub, eLearning offerings (e.g., Udemy, DataCamp), coaching & mediation, we also offer you the opportunity to benefit individually from additional learning and development budget.
- And what about the office? Our office in the heart of Berlin offers free organic breakfast, excellent subsidized lunch, as well as free coffee, lemonades and after-work beer, in addition to the "standard foosball". It also has a fabulous rooftop terrace with view of the whole of berlin where you can network with colleagues from our group of companies
- You want full flexibility on your way to work and beyond? No problem with a job bike or BVG company ticket - and it's environmentally friendly, too!
- You don't live in Germany yet? We support you in the visa process and with your relocation.
idealo is a Berlin success story: in 2000 we started out with the mission of helping consumers make the best purchasing decisions. Today, with 1.5 million visits per day, 50,000 shops, and more than 330 million product offers, we are one of the most popular German e-commerce websites and one of the leading European shopping and comparison platforms. We are active as a price comparison platform in six countries (Austria, France, Germany, Great Britain, Italy, and Spain).
We are located in the heart of Berlin and offer a unique idealo spirit. Your ideas are the driving force that moves our business forward. Not only our product portfolio is diverse, but also the people who work on it. We want you just as you are! Origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation, or a degree of disability are irrelevant.
If you are passionate about improving the world of online shopping alongside 1200 idealos from 60 nations, apply with us today.
Information for applicants with severe disabilities: As an applicant with a severe disability, you can get advice from our Severely Disabled Representation (SBV) during the application process.
Please contact our representative for severely disabled persons at email@example.com
Our office is barrier-free for the inclusion of people with disabilities.
Work in the office and from wherever you like.
idealo allows you to work from wherever you are. As part of our Hybrid Work at idealo, you decide whether and how often you work from our office in Berlin or remotely because you live in another city within Germany or the café down the street makes the best coffee cream. Only about once a month, there will be mandatory office days to bring idealos together at company, department or team level, including stunning views from our roof terrace. Find out what Hybrid Work at idealo is all about here and in a personal conversation in the interviews!
Vielen Dank für Deine Bewerbung!
Deine Bewerbung wurde an uns weitergeleitet. Wir prüfen Deine Unterlagen und melden uns in den kommenden Tagen bei Dir zurück. Du willst über idealo auf dem Laufenden bleiben? Folge uns auf LinkedIn.