Software Developer - Core Search (m|f|x)
Standort flexibelDeutschland, Berlin, BerlinTechnology & Data
Our team helps millions of customers every day to find the right products at the best price. The search team focuses on finding new ways and technologies to serve the most relevant results for our users. You will be part of a team that’s constantly exploring and improving solutions in query understanding, result ranking and recommendations to name just a few. To achieve this, as Software Developer - Core Search (m|f|x) in full-time or part-time, you’ll be working together with Data Scientists, Machine Learning Engineers and Java Engineers – as we strongly believe a cross-functional team finds the best solutions!
About your new role
- As a Search Engineer you are responsible for idealo’s business critical B2C search and matching for millions of customers internationally, based on an organically grown complex custom solution (Lucene based).
- You design, develop, operate and maintain AWS cloud infrastructure to run our search services. You will also help migrating on premise solutions into the cloud.
- You build up knowledge and share best practices in search for continuous improvements and innovation for our solutions.
- You improve search query understanding/interpretation and search result generation/ranking.
- In order to personalise our customer's search experience, you make use of our data lake infrastructure and Customer Data Platform.
Skills & Requirements
- You are experienced and knowledgeable with Lucene based search services (Lucene, Solr, Elastic).
- You are proficient in establishing and maintaining AWS cloud services and applying Infrastructure as Code principles.
- You are proficient with Java and the Spring ecosystem. Message streaming platforms such as Apache Kafka and NoSQL databases like MongoDB are a plus.
- You need to be proficient in German and English to contribute to our core markets.
- You are comfortable with remote teamwork.
- You understand concepts of semantic modelling in graph databases.
- You're comfortable communicating and collaborating with cross-functional teams and roles to achieve the team's goals.
At idealo you can expect
- You don't live in Berlin and want to work from home? Our hybrid work model offers you the freedom to work from all over Germany in a mobile and flexible way. Together we will find the best solution that works for you. In return, you get everything you need for your work (noise-canceling headset, laptop, etc.).
- You need vacation? We offer you 30 days of vacation. Not enough? You can "buy" an additional 15 days every year by converting your salary and it's seen as a positive thing.
- You want to further your education? We take your personal development goals seriously and, in addition to our idealo Learning Hub, eLearning offerings (e.g., Udemy, DataCamp), coaching & mediation, we also offer you the opportunity to benefit individually from additional learning and development budget.
- And what about the office? Our office in the heart of Berlin offers free organic breakfast, excellent subsidized lunch, as well as free coffee, lemonades and after-work beer, in addition to the "standard foosball". It also has a fabulous rooftop terrace with view of the whole of berlin where you can network with colleagues from our group of companies
- You want full flexibility on your way to work and beyond? No problem with a job bike or BVG company ticket - and it's environmentally friendly, too!
- You don't live in Germany yet? We support you in the visa process and with your relocation.
idealo is a Berlin success story: in 2000 we started out with the mission of helping consumers make the best purchasing decisions. Today, with 1.5 million visits per day, 50,000 shops, and more than 330 million product offers, we are one of the most popular German e-commerce websites and one of the leading European shopping and comparison platforms. We are active as a price comparison platform in six countries (Austria, France, Germany, Great Britain, Italy, and Spain).
We are located in the heart of Berlin and offer a unique idealo spirit. Your ideas are the driving force that moves our business forward. Not only our product portfolio is diverse, but also the people who work on it. We want you just as you are! Origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation, or a degree of disability are irrelevant.
If you are passionate about improving the world of online shopping alongside 1200 idealos from 60 nations, apply with us today.
Work in the office and from wherever you like.
idealo allows you to work from wherever you are. As part of our Hybrid Work at idealo, you decide whether and how often you work from our office in Berlin or remotely because you live in another city within Germany or the café down the street makes the best coffee cream. Only about once a month, there will be mandatory office days to bring idealos together at company, department or team level, including stunning views from our roof terrace. Find out what Hybrid Work at idealo is all about here and in a personal conversation in the interviews!
Vielen Dank für Deine Bewerbung!
Deine Bewerbung wurde an uns weitergeleitet. Wir prüfen Deine Unterlagen und melden uns in den kommenden Tagen bei Dir zurück. Du willst über idealo auf dem Laufenden bleiben? Folge uns auf LinkedIn.