Software Developer Backend / DevOps - CMS / Web Snippets (m|f|x)
For the Product Area Acquisition & Loyalty, we are looking for a software developer backend / DevOps.
In our CMS we host corporate and marketing websites as well as landing pages for current campaigns. With Web Snippets, we deliver relevant Content-as-a-Service for our content marketing and affiliate programs.
Through close cooperation in cross-functional teams, with UX & Design, regular user, and A/B tests, we jointly ensure that we work in a customer-centric manner.
About your new role
- You maintain and develop Java applications and websites in container environments
- You take care of scaling, load balancing and cache optimization of our website, especially in case of traffic peaks
- You are responsible for the application backend of our new product widget store and the widget, which is used as a web snippet on our and other websites
- You realize the connection of different third party solutions via API to our CMS
- You take over the protection and updates of the servers and software
- You drive our innovation and strive for technical excellence
- You work proactively, address issues on your own initiative, and take responsibility for the tasks at hand.
- In a team, together with the product owner, you develop the best possible product and contribute your ideas.
- You work with internal and external colleagues as part of a cross-functional development team
Skills & Requirements
- Experience with DevOps - CI/CD, containers, automated live deployments, monitoring
- You know how to deliver websites with high performance, high availability and stability even during traffic peaks
- You are confident in using Java 11, Kotlin would be a plus. Working with a REST-API and technologies like Spring-Boot, Kafka, Kubernetes, MongoDB, Jenkins are familiar to you.
- Ideally, you already have experience with Angular/React.
- You live an open error culture, have an agile mindset and are highly motivated to work with the latest technologies
- Conversations in German (B2) and English are no problem for you
Your benefits at idealo
- Join one of Germany's best employers to work for and enjoy a family-friendly environment where you as an employee will be taken care of
- A people-first culture that promotes your development as a professional and person based on your strengths and personal goals
- We are a principle-based product & technology organization using OKRs for setting and measuring our goals. We work with agile methods giving a lot of responsibility and freedom to the individual teams
- Access to learning & development resources at idealo and the Axel Springer Group. Choose your preferred resources from the growing list of online courses on Udemy, extend your knowledge and professional network on conferences and meetups
- A diverse and engaged community of +300 highly skilled and experienced technologists from +40 nations at idealo and a growing network of technologists at the Axel Springer Group, all located in Europe's most modern office building in the heart of Berlin
- A competitive compensation package and various attractive benefits that are not only great for our employees but also promote a sustainable lifestyle incl. JobRad/Bike Leasing, free organic breakfast and lunch options in our canteen delivered from regional initiatives and vendors as well as delicious fair-trade coffee
idealo is a Berlin success story: in 2000 we started out with the mission of helping consumers make the best purchasing decisions. Right in the heart of Berlin, over 900 employees from 40 nations are working on the future of online shopping. We focussing on agile and self-reliant work, sustainability, and a healthy relationship between work and private life. These values are firmly anchored in our corporate culture and an integral part of our corporate philosophy.
As part of our team, you can look forward to freedom, an international and inspiring working environment. Your ideas are particularly important to us. Not only our product portfolio is diverse, but also the people who work on it. We want you just as you are! Origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation, or a severely handicapped degree do not play a role.
idealo continues hiring during the COVID-19 pandemic.
We do still hire great talent from around the world! Due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, we are checking almost every day with the authorities if and how we can relocate talent from EU and non-EU countries to work with idealo. Please bear in mind that we will take individual decisions in close consultation with the applicant and the authorities.