(Senior) Software Full-Stack Engineer (Java) – White Labels
Deutschland, Berlin, BerlinTechnology & Data
WhiteLabels is a team that focuses on websites that reuse already published data on idealo websites and present it in our own, different way. We are operating in 6 European countries. Our site in France is one of the top 3 price comparisons in the country. Besides coding, our product has much more attractive things to focus on, like end-customer experience, google/bing integration.
About your new role
- As part of a highly focused and structured senior SCRUM-Team, you actively design, develop, deploy, operate and improve the software of the shopping experience at idealo using modern technologies
- You plan, develop and deliver features in a clean and structured manner
- You are curious about the evaluation and integration of new technologies and approaches
- We emphasize a self-contained domain with a distributed architecture. Pair programming, code review & testing are as much a part of our team culture as openness, respect, and celebrating successes on our beautiful roof terrace.
- You design and implement scalable and highly available systems as well as web applications, which you run on OpenShift or in AWS.
Skills & Requirements
- You have strong knowledge in distributed application development using Java/Kotlin and the Spring framework
- You gained strong knowledge and experience in Web Application Development with HTML5, CSS3, and/or frameworks, like AngularJS, React or similar
- You possess a very good understanding of MVC pattern and experience with JSON, REST, APIs in general
- You hold strong knowledge and experience in using Cloud Platforms like AWS or Kubernetes
- Big Data and Parallel processing is particular stenght of yours
- You have a passion for professional software development (design patterns, clean code, agile processes, continuous integration & delivery, and code inspection, as well as test automatization)
At idealo you can expect
- Join one of Germany's best employers to work for and enjoy a family-friendly environment where you as an employee will be taken care of.
- A people-first culture that promotes your development as a professional and person based on your strengths and personal goals.
- We are a principle-based product & technology organization using OKRs for setting and measuring our goals. We work with agile methods giving a lot of responsibility and freedom to the individual teams.
- Access to learning & development resources at idealo and the Axel Springer Group. Choose your preferred resources from the growing list of online courses on Udemy, extend your knowledge and professional network at conferences and meetups.
- A diverse and engaged community of +380 highly skilled and experienced technologists from +60 nations at idealo and a growing network of technologists at the Axel Springer Group, all located in Europe's most modern office building in the heart of Berlin.
- A competitive compensation package and various attractive benefits that are not only great for our employees but also promote a sustainable lifestyle incl. JobRad/Bike Leasing, free organic breakfast and lunch options in our canteen delivered from regional initiatives and vendors as well as delicious fair-trade coffee.
idealo is a Berlin success story: in 2000 we started out with the mission of helping consumers make the best purchasing decisions. Right in the heart of Berlin, almost 1,200 employees from 60 nations are supporting our make the best purchase decision. We focussing on agile and autonomous work, sustainability, and a healthy relationship between work and private life. These values are firmly anchored in our corporate culture and an integral part of our corporate philosophy.
As part of our team, you can look forward to freedom, an international and inspiring working environment. Your ideas are particularly important to us. Not only our product portfolio is diverse, but also the people who work on it. We want you just as you are! Origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation, or a severely handicapped degree do not play a role.
Information for applicants with severe disabilities: As an applicant with a severe disability, you can get advice from our Severely Disabled Representation (SBV) during the application process.
idealo continues hiring during the COVID-19 pandemic
We do still hire great talent from around the world! Our interview process is currently fully remote, however we are glad to be back at the office in hybrid mode soon. idealos will then be spending their time partly at the office in Berlin and partly remote. Feel free to reach out for further infos!
Vielen Dank für Deine Bewerbung!
Deine Bewerbung wurde an uns weitergeleitet. Wir prüfen Deine Unterlagen und melden uns in den kommenden Tagen bei Dir zurück. Du willst über idealo auf dem Laufenden bleiben? Folge uns auf LinkedIn.