Senior Software Engineer (m|f|x) – Team Checkout
Deutschland, Berlin, BerlinTechnology & Data
We are team Checkout and we provide idealo customers with a secure and convenient purchase experience. We´re transforming our price comparison shopping site into an e-commerce platform that gives optimal advice to our customers in their online purchase decisions and allows them to directly purchase on our platform. We’re looking for a product-minded software engineer who can help to evolve our architecture and at the same time cares about the customer experience our checkout provides.
The position of Senior Software Engineer (m|f|x) - Team Checkout is available as a full-time or part-time position.
About your new role
- You own together with your team the whole software lifecycle (requirements management with stakeholders, architecture, implementation, test automation, operation, CI/CD pipelines and monitoring).
- You drive for technical excellence and innovation.
- You embrace and promote healthy modern engineering practices through clean, well-tested and well-structured code.
- You like to think in terms of micro service-oriented architecture and its patterns as well as an anti-pattern, domain-driven design and event-driven architectures.
- Teamwork is important to you. You like to participate in pair programming and code reviews. Additionally, you embrace constructive feedback and knowledge sharing
- You are eager to guide more junior engineers and help them grow.
Skills & Requirements
- You have strong professional experience as a software engineer of modern web applications and backend services.
- You have actively contributed to the architecture of mission-critical applications or services.
- You have a passion for professional software development (algorithms, design patterns, clean code, agile processes, data structures) and embrace software craftsmanship.
- You are proficient with Java 11+ and Spring ecosystem (Boot, Cloud, Data). Message streaming platforms such as Apache Kafka and NoSQL databases like MongoDB are a big plus.
- You know how to run production systems on AWS.
- You have excellent communication skills in English both written and verbal.
You are an especially good match if you ...
Your benefits at idealo
- A "people-first" culture that promotes your professional and personal development based on your strengths and personal goals.
- Access to learning and development platforms at idealo, but also at the Axel Springer Group.
- In addition to four days of onboarding and intensive training, you benefit from a permanent exchange of knowledge within the teams at idealo.
- Attractive benefits that are not only great for our employees but also support sustainable regional initiatives and suppliers. For example, free organic breakfast in our canteen and delicious fair-trade coffee.
- Together with around 1200 motivated colleagues from 60 nations in Berlin drive European e-commerce.
- Our headquarters is an ultra-modern new building in the former Berlin newspaper district and along the former Berlin Wall.
idealo is a Berlin success story: in 2000 we started out with the mission of helping consumers make the best purchasing decisions. Right in the heart of Berlin, over 1200 employees from 60 nations are working on the future of online shopping. We focus on agile and self-reliant work, sustainability and a healthy relationship between work and private life. These values are firmly anchored in our corporate culture and an integral part of our corporate philosophy.
As part of our team, you can look forward to freedom, an international and inspiring working environment. Your ideas are particularly important to us. Not only our product portfolio is diverse, but also the people who work on it. We want you just as you are! Origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation or a severely handicapped degree do not play a role.
Information for applicants with severe disabilities: As an applicant with a severe disability, you can get advice from our Severely Disabled Representation (SBV) during the application process. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
idealo continues hiring during the COVID-19 pandemic
We do still hire great talent from around the world! Due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, we are checking almost every day with the authorities if and how we can relocate talent from EU and non-EU countries to work with idealo. Please bear in mind that we will take individual decisions in close consultation with the applicant and the authorities.
Vielen Dank für Deine Bewerbung!
Deine Bewerbung wurde an uns weitergeleitet. Wir prüfen Deine Unterlagen und melden uns in den kommenden Tagen bei Dir zurück. Du willst über idealo auf dem Laufenden bleiben? Folge uns auf LinkedIn.