Senior Software Engineer (m|f|x) - Customer Account/ IAM
Standort flexibelDeutschland, Berlin, BerlinTechnology & Data
At idealo, every day millions of users from all across Europe search and discover products and prices.
Our team’s mission is to provide a secure yet easy to use customer account. We embrace highest security standards and help other teams to comply by using our authentication server. But beyond providing a technically secure yet convenient registration and login process we see the value of the account for the users as well as for idealo and collaborate with other teams to spread the word and provide the best possible user experience. And we still have big plans and visions which we create jointly with our user research, user experience, analyst and marketing colleagues just to name some.
We are a team of 4 engineers growing to 7. A UX designer as well as a data analyst are also an integral part of our team, and our product owner is guiding our way. Being an experienced yet curious team of engineers, we value teamwork, responsibility and growth. From yogi 🧘🏽, standup paddler 🏄🏾 to musicians 🎶 we show many interests. If you want to help us shape our and idealo's future, we welcome you as a new family member.
Our development is done in GitHub in rapid CI/CD cycles with GitHub Actions. We run on AWS.
The position as a Senior Software Engineer (m|f|x) is available as a full-time or part-time position.
About your new role
- Working in a cross-functional agile team that designs, reviews, and implements a single sign-on (SSO) infrastructure as well as applications that enable customers to conveniently deal with their user accounts.
- You are involved in designing and reviewing authentication and authorization workflows that are in line with our general system architecture goals and have been developed together with our security department.
- You will contribute to the definition, construction and operation of our platform and infrastructure such as CI/CD pipelines and alerting.
- By giving consultancy and support when other teams are integrating their software products with our single sign-on system, you provide authorization capabilities for their services.
- You work efficiently with developers and experts in the team and other development areas towards common goals.
Skills & Requirements
- You have extensive knowledge of Java and common open-source frameworks, especially Spring Boot and Spring Security as well as with secured web applications, building API-based solutions with REST.
- You have solid knowledge of document databases and object mapping frameworks like Spring Data MongoDB, etc. and experience in working in a microservice environment.
- Awesome extra: You are experienced with AWS and/or other cloud platforms, at least you are interested in cloud-based software architecture issues.
- Very awesome extra: Knowledge of industry standards in web authentication, authorization and identity management (like OAuth2, OpenIdConnect, SAML) and/or frameworks and products (e.g keycloak, Auth0, Okta, AWS Cognito...).
- You have good written and spoken English skills.
At idealo you can expect
- You don't live in Berlin and want to work from home? Our hybrid work model offers you the freedom to work from all over Germany in a mobile and flexible way. Together we will find the best solution that works for you. In return, you get everything you need for your work (noise-canceling headset, laptop, etc.).
- You need vacation? We offer you 30 days of vacation. Not enough? You can "buy" an additional 15 days every year by converting your salary and it's seen as a positive thing.
- You want to further your education? We take your personal development goals seriously and, in addition to our idealo Learning Hub, eLearning offerings (e.g., Udemy, DataCamp), coaching & mediation, we also offer you the opportunity to benefit individually from additional learning and development budget.
- You want full flexibility on your way to work and beyond? No problem with a job bike or BVG company ticket - and it's environmentally friendly, too!
- You don't live in Germany yet? We support you in the visa process and with your relocation.
idealo is a Berlin success story: in 2000 we started out with the mission of helping consumers make the best purchasing decisions. Today, with 1.5 million visits per day, 50,000 shops, and more than 330 million product offers, we are one of the most popular German e-commerce websites and one of the leading European shopping and comparison platforms. We are active as a price comparison platform in six countries (Austria, France, Germany, Great Britain, Italy, and Spain).
We are located in the heart of Berlin and offer a unique idealo spirit. Your ideas are the driving force that moves our business forward. Not only our product portfolio is diverse, but also the people who work on it. We want you just as you are! Origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation, or a degree of disability are irrelevant.
If you are passionate about improving the world of online shopping alongside 1200 idealos from 60 nations, apply with us today.
Work in the office and from wherever you like.
idealo allows you to work from wherever you are. As part of our Hybrid Work at idealo, you decide whether and how often you work from our office in Berlin or remotely because you live in another city within Germany or the café down the street makes the best coffee cream. Only about once a month, there will be mandatory office days to bring idealos together at company, department or team level, including stunning views from our roof terrace. Find out what Hybrid Work at idealo is all about here and in a personal conversation in the interviews!
Vielen Dank für Deine Bewerbung!
Deine Bewerbung wurde an uns weitergeleitet. Wir prüfen Deine Unterlagen und melden uns in den kommenden Tagen bei Dir zurück. Du willst über idealo auf dem Laufenden bleiben? Folge uns auf LinkedIn.