Senior Software Engineer (Java) (x|f|m) – Team Checkout
Standort flexibelDeutschland, Berlin, BerlinTechnology & Data
We are team Checkout and we provide idealo customers with a secure and convenient purchase experience. We´re transforming our price comparison shopping site into an e-commerce platform that gives optimal advice to our customers in their online purchase decisions and allows them to directly purchase on our platform. We’re looking for a product-minded software engineer who can help to evolve our architecture and at the same time cares about the customer experience our checkout provides.
The position of Senior Software Engineer (Java) (x|f|m) - Team Checkout is available as a full-time or part-time position.
About your new role
- You own together with your team the whole software lifecycle (requirements management with stakeholders, architecture, implementation, test automation, operation, CI/CD pipelines and monitoring).
- You drive for technical excellence and innovation.
- You embrace and promote healthy modern engineering practices through clean, well-tested and well-structured code.
- You like to think in terms of micro service-oriented architecture and its patterns as well as an anti-pattern, domain-driven design and event-driven architectures.
- Teamwork is important to you. You like to participate in pair programming and code reviews. Additionally, you embrace constructive feedback and knowledge sharing
- You are eager to guide more junior engineers and help them grow.
Skills & Requirements
- You have strong professional experience as a software engineer of modern web applications and backend services.
- You have actively contributed to the architecture of mission-critical applications or services.
- You have a passion for professional software development (algorithms, design patterns, clean code, agile processes, data structures) and embrace software craftsmanship.
- You are proficient with Java 11+ and Spring ecosystem (Boot, Cloud, Data). Message streaming platforms such as Apache Kafka and NoSQL databases like MongoDB are a big plus.
- You know how to run production systems on AWS.
- You have excellent communication skills in English both written and verbal.
You are an especially good match if you ...
At idealo you can expect
- You don't live in Berlin and want to work from home? Our hybrid working model offers you the freedom to work from all over Germany in a mobile and flexible way. Together we will find the best solution that works for you. In return, you get everything you need for your work (noise-canceling headset, laptop, etc.).
- You need vacation? We offer you 30 days of vacation. Not enough? You can "buy" an additional 15 days every year by converting your salary.
- You want to further your education? We take your personal development goals seriously and, in addition to our idealo Learning Hub, eLearning offers (e.g., Udemy, DataCamp), coaching & mediation, we also offer you the opportunity to benefit individually from our training budget.
- And what about the office? Our office in the heart of Berlin offers free organic breakfast, excellent subsidized lunch, as well as free coffee, lemonades and after-work beer, in addition to the "standard foosball". At the same time, you can network with colleagues from our group of companies on our beautiful rooftop terrace.
- Do you like support outside of work? We offer free counseling and support in all areas of life (professional, private, family, health, etc.) in cooperation with the pme-Familienservice.
- You don't live in Germany yet? We support you in the visa process and with your relocation.
idealo is a Berlin success story: in 2000 we started out with the mission of helping consumers make the best purchasing decisions. Right in the heart of Berlin, over 1200 employees from 60 nations are working on the future of online shopping. We focus on agile and self-reliant work, sustainability and a healthy relationship between work and private life. These values are firmly anchored in our corporate culture and an integral part of our corporate philosophy.
As part of our team, you can look forward to freedom, an international and inspiring working environment. Your ideas are particularly important to us. Not only our product portfolio is diverse, but also the people who work on it. We want you just as you are! Origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation or a severely handicapped degree do not play a role.
Information for applicants with severe disabilities: As an applicant with a severe disability, you can get advice from our Severely Disabled Representation (SBV) during the application process. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Work in the office and from wherever you like.
idealo allows you to work from wherever you are. As part of our Hybrid Work at idealo, you decide whether and how often you work from our office in Berlin or remotely because you live in another city within Germany or the café down the street makes the best coffee cream. Only about once a month, there will be mandatory office days to bring idealos together at company, department or team level, including stunning views from our roof terrace. Find out what Hybrid Work at idealo is all about here and in a personal conversation in the interviews!
Vielen Dank für Deine Bewerbung!
Deine Bewerbung wurde an uns weitergeleitet. Wir prüfen Deine Unterlagen und melden uns in den kommenden Tagen bei Dir zurück. Du willst über idealo auf dem Laufenden bleiben? Folge uns auf LinkedIn.