Senior Software Engineer (Java) – Team SSO (m|f|x)
At Idealo, every day millions of users from all across Europe search and discover products and prices. The mission of our team is to provide convenient and secure user accounts and to protect customer data. In short, we provide the single sign-on (SSO) solution for idealo's customers and web-users!
We use the DevOps approach and some of our team members have on-call duties. Our development is done in rapid CI/CD cycles. Further, we have just started to move our services from a private Kubernetes-based cloud to AWS. So, as you can see, we are embarking on new adventures!
If our setup already appeals to you, please don't hesitate and apply! We are a diverse and open-minded team of engineers for whom teamwork, responsibility, and growth are essential factors - and we are happy to get a new family member.
The position as a Senior Software Engineer (Java) (m|f|x) – Team SSO is available as a full-time or part-time position.
About your new role
- You work in a cross-functional agile team that designs, reviews, and implements a single sign-on (SSO) infrastructure as well as applications that enable customers to conveniently deal with their user- accounts
- You are involved in reviewing and designing authentication and authorization workflows that are in line with our general system architecture goals and have been developed together with our security department.
- You will contribute to the definition, construction, and operation of our platform and infrastructure such as CI/CD pipelines and alerting.
- By giving consultancy and support when other teams are integrating their software products with our single sign-on system, you provide authorization capabilities for their services.
Skills & Requirements
You have a solid knowledge of Java and common open-source frameworks, especially Spring Boot and Spring Security as well as...
- secured web-applications, building API-based solutions with REST.
- solid knowledge of document databases and object mapping frameworks like Spring Data MongoDB, etc., and experience in working in a microservice environment.
- You apply current design practices and clean code principles.
- You feel responsible for operating and monitoring your applications.
- You have good communication skills in written and spoken English and German.
- AWS and/or Kubernetes and automation tools like Terraform.
- Messaging Queues / Event Streaming pref. Apache Kafka.
- Additional programming languages (Kotlin, Python, ...)
- Experience with Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) Systems and interest in anomaly detection systems.
Very awesome extras:
- Knowledge of industry standards in web authentication, authorization, and identity management (like SAML, OAuth2, OpenIdConnect) and/or frameworks and products (e.g keycloak, Auth0, Okta, AWS Cognito...)
At idealo you can expect
- Join one of Germany's best employers to work for and enjoy a family-friendly environment where you as an employee will be taken care of
- A people-first culture that promotes your development as a professional and person based on your strengths and personal goals
- We are a principle-based product & technology organization using OKRs for setting and measuring our goals. We work with agile methods giving a lot of responsibility and freedom to the individual teams
- Access to learning & development resources at idealo and the Axel Springer Group. Choose your preferred resources from the growing list of online courses on Udemy, extend your knowledge and professional network at conferences and meetups
- A diverse and engaged community of +350 highly skilled and experienced technologists from +40 nations at idealo and a growing network of technologists at the Axel Springer Group, all located in Europe's most modern office building in the heart of Berlin
- A competitive compensation package and various attractive benefits that are not only great for our employees but also promote a sustainable lifestyle incl. JobRad/Bike Leasing, free organic breakfast and lunch options in our canteen delivered from regional initiatives and vendors as well as delicious fair-trade coffee
idealo is a Berlin success story: in 2000 we started out with the mission of helping consumers make the best purchasing decisions. Right in the heart of Berlin, almost 1,000 employees from 40 nations are supporting our make the best purchase decision. We focussing on agile and autonomous work, sustainability, and a healthy relationship between work and private life. These values are firmly anchored in our corporate culture and an integral part of our corporate philosophy.
As part of our team, you can look forward to freedom, an international and inspiring working environment. Your ideas are particularly important to us. Not only our product portfolio is diverse, but also the people who work on it. We want you just as you are! Origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation, or a severely handicapped degree do not play a role.
Information for applicants with severe disabilities: As an applicant with a severe disability, you can get advice from our Severely Disabled Representation (SBV) during the application process.
idealo continues hiring during the COVID-19 pandemic
We do still hire great talent from around the world! Due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, we are checking almost every day with the authorities if and how we can relocate talent from EU and non-EU countries to work with idealo. Please bear in mind that we will take individual decisions in close consultation with the applicant and the authorities.