Senior Software Engineer (Java) (m|w|x) - Team Search
idealo is a Berlin success story: in 2000 we started out with the mission of helping consumers make the best purchasing decisions. Right in the heart of Berlin, over 900 employees from 40 nations are working on the future of online shopping. We focussing on agile and self-reliant work, sustainability and a healthy relationship between work and private life. These values are firmly anchored in our corporate culture and an integral part of our corporate philosophy.
As part of our team, you can look forward to freedom, an international and inspiring working environment. Your ideas are particularly important to us. Not only our product portfolio is diverse, but also the people who work on it. We want you just as you are! Origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation or a severely handicapped degree do not play a role.
About your new role
- You are working on making search a first class experience for idealo customers. Thanks to your work, our customers will find the right products in no time
- You and your team take responsibility for all aspects of onsite-search on the idealo pages, including operations and maintenance, selection and evolution of the technology stack and design and implementation of new features
- An important aspect of your work is the analysis of a vast amount of user signals to find patterns which will help solving our search related challenges
- You are working with a broad spectrum of technologies, like the Spring Framework, Apache Kafka or MongoDB
- In an agile environment you actively shape everything from the initial idea to the evaluation and implementation of different solutions
Skills & Requirements
- You have at least five years of professional experience in the field
- You have experience working in complex, distributed systems written in Java/Spring and have worked with data on a large scale. You are comfortable writing performant parallel applications
- You already have experience using Data Science techniques and you can apply your trained analytical skills to solve complex scenarios.
- Proven practical experience in determining and applying machine learning methods to solve real-world problems would be a plus
- Ideally you know frameworks like Lucene as well as the underlying data structures and algorithms
- You are eager to understand our customers, formulate and test hypotheses and gather and analyze data to develop innovative solutions
- You want to work in an agile team-focussed environment and are aiming to release maintainable evolving software in short delivery and feedback cycles
- You enjoy working with and evolving software. Good legacy code is not a turn-off but piques your curiosity
- A good understanding of the German language (at least B2) is required for our search related work
Your benefits at idealo
- No room for stagnancy! Whether tech talks, conferences or individual training, there are countless opportunities for constructive discussion and input
- Influence in creating and deciding individual tasks as well as direct contact with idealo partner
- Various idealo benefits to satisfy every heart's desire, ranging from organic breakfasts to bikes that can be rented during the lunch break
- With countless opportunities for team building such as team events and parties at Christmas and in summer, you'll be able to strengthen team spirit as well as the professional development of your department