Senior Software Engineer (Java) (m|f|x) - Team B2C Offers
Standort flexibelDeutschland, Berlin, BerlinTechnology & Data
We are team B2C Offers and we are responsible for the contents of the list of offers that are shown as a key-feature to our users in the apps and on our website. In our modern event-driven architecture, using current Java, message streams and NoSQL databases, we aggregate big data for different use cases in near real-time. We use Kafka topics and APIs to deliver information concerning the pricing and sorting of offers, as well as meta information and summaries, to several other teams at idealo and our partners. Our work has a measurable effect on hundreds of thousands of users daily!
Right now, our team is spearheading idealo’s move to AWS.
The position of Senior Software Engineer (Java) (x|f|m) - Team B2C Offers is available as a full-time or part-time position.
About your new role
- Actively design, develop, deploy, operate and improve the software of the shopping experience at idealo.
- Embrace healthy, modern engineering practices through writing clean, well-tested and thoughtfully refactored code with the team.
- Continuously develop and deploy our product in an agile and incremental manner, in line with CI/CD best practices.
- Work closely with our Product Owner and team members to deliver high-quality and fast APIs and streaming content.
- Work with agile methodologies like Kanban and Pair Programming.
- Be part of a self-motivated team and get involved in the complete software lifecycle.
- Collaborate with engineers from other teams on overarching high-impact projects.
Skills & Requirements
- Solid experience with Event-Driven Architecture and Micro Services using Java 8+, the Spring ecosystem (Boot, Cloud, Data) and message streaming tech such as Apache Kafka.
- Nice to have: Experience with Docker, Kubernetes, containerization & virtualization, CI/CD, NoSQL database.
- You use unit tests and other forms of automated testing in your daily work.
- You like to challenge architectures and help us to bring scalability to a new level.
- Existing experience with AWS is a plus.
- Furthermore, you give and take open, constructive feedback.
- You approach your work proactively and have a sense for solving problems, the smart and simple way.
- You are fluent in English, since our team is international and English is our main communication language.
Your benefits at idealo
- You don't live in Berlin and want to work from home? Our hybrid working model offers you the freedom to work from all over Germany in a mobile and flexible way. Together we will find the best solution that works for you. In return, you get everything you need for your work (noise-canceling headset, laptop, etc.).
- You need vacation? We offer you 30 days of vacation. Not enough? You can "buy" an additional 15 days every year by converting your salary.
- You want to further your education? We take your personal development goals seriously and, in addition to our idealo Learning Hub, eLearning offers (e.g., Udemy, DataCamp), coaching & mediation, we also offer you the opportunity to benefit individually from our training budget.
- And what about the office? Our office in the heart of Berlin offers free organic breakfast, excellent subsidized lunch, as well as free coffee, lemonades and after-work beer, in addition to the "standard foosball". At the same time, you can network with colleagues from our group of companies on our beautiful rooftop terrace.
- Do you like support outside of work? We offer free counseling and support in all areas of life (professional, private, family, health, etc.) in cooperation with the pme-Familienservice.
- You don't live in Germany yet? We support you in the visa process and with your relocation.
idealo is a Berlin success story: in 2000 we started out with the mission of helping consumers make the best purchasing decisions. Right in the heart of Berlin, over 1200 employees from 60 nations are working on the future of online shopping. We focus on agile and self-reliant work, sustainability and a healthy relationship between work and private life. These values are firmly anchored in our corporate culture and an integral part of our corporate philosophy.
As part of our team, you can look forward to freedom, an international and inspiring working environment. Your ideas are particularly important to us. Not only our product portfolio is diverse, but also the people who work on it. We want you just as you are! Origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation or a severely handicapped degree do not play a role.
Information for applicants with severe disabilities: As an applicant with a severe disability, you can get advice from our Severely Disabled Representation (SBV) during the application process. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Work in the office and from wherever you like.
idealo allows you to work from wherever you are. As part of our Hybrid Work at idealo, you decide whether and how often you work from our office in Berlin or remotely because you live in another city within Germany or the café down the street makes the best coffee cream. Only about once a month, there will be mandatory office days to bring idealos together at company, department or team level, including stunning views from our roof terrace. Find out what Hybrid Work at idealo is all about here and in a personal conversation in the interviews!
Vielen Dank für Deine Bewerbung!
Deine Bewerbung wurde an uns weitergeleitet. Wir prüfen Deine Unterlagen und melden uns in den kommenden Tagen bei Dir zurück. Du willst über idealo auf dem Laufenden bleiben? Folge uns auf LinkedIn.