(Senior) Machine Learning Engineer (m/f/d)
Standort flexibelDeutschland, Berlin, BerlinTechnology & Data
We are looking for a Mid to Senior level Machine Learning Engineer that is passionate about building modern machine learning workflows that directly generate value for the company. Our mission is to empower product teams and data analysts across the company to leverage Machine Learning based solutions through great tooling and consultation.
The projects in our team range from creating a Transformer based clustering system to building a complementary product recommendation engine, and providing a safe playground on AWS where analysts can quickly experiment with ML.
You will be responsible for maintaining a high-level of engineering professionalism in the team and for driving decisions on architecture, technologies, and frameworks within a team of machine learning practitioners.
This is a full-time or part-time position.
About your new role
- Work closely together with the Product Owner, Team Lead and Tech Lead to build a successful ML practice and feasible, valuable, usable machine learning solutions.
- Build valuable ML solutions and platform tools that enable such solutions.
- Drive technical excellence in the team: automate, implement clean code principles, testing, pair programming, etc.
- Take ownership of decisions on technical implementations and architecture; enable the team to take autonomous decisions.
- Teach others and share your knowledge on a team, department and company level.
Skills & Requirements
- Strong working experience as a Machine Learning Engineer or similar
- Strong hands-on experience with programming in Python
- Experience with distributed computing frameworks and deep learning algorithms (feed-forward, CNNs, RNNs)
- Experienced in ML production workflows
- Experienced in setting up and running ML platforms like MLflow or AWS SageMaker
- Experience with best practices in software engineering, like pair programming, testing, clean code and agile software development frameworks.
- Ability to translate and communicate complex engineering problems to peers and non-experts.
- Excellent communication skills in English, both oral and written.
- Flexible, open-minded & impact driven
What’s in it for you?
- The opportunity to work on cutting edge ML problems delivering solutions that solve real customer problems
- The opportunity to work in a team that is passionate about ML with continuous learning at its core
None of us ticks all the boxes - if the role sounds exciting to you and you match some of these requirements, we would love to hear from you.
At idealo you can expect
- You don't live in Berlin and want to work from home? Our hybrid work model offers you the freedom to work from all over Germany in a mobile and flexible way. Together we will find the best solution that works for you. In return, you get everything you need for your work (noise-canceling headset, laptop, etc.).
- You need vacation? We offer you 30 days of vacation. Not enough? You can "buy" an additional 15 days every year by converting your salary and it's seen as a positive thing.
- You want to further your education? We take your personal development goals seriously and, in addition to our idealo Learning Hub, eLearning offerings (e.g., Udemy, DataCamp), coaching & mediation, we also offer you the opportunity to benefit individually from additional learning and development budget.
- You want full flexibility on your way to work and beyond? No problem with a job bike or BVG company ticket - and it's environmentally friendly, too!
- You don't live in Germany yet? We support you in the visa process and with your relocation.
idealo is a Berlin success story: in 2000 we started out with the mission of helping consumers make the best purchasing decisions. Today, with 1.5 million visits per day, 50,000 shops, and more than 330 million product offers, we are one of the most popular German e-commerce websites and one of the leading European shopping and comparison platforms. We are active as a price comparison platform in six countries (Austria, France, Germany, Great Britain, Italy, and Spain).
We are located in the heart of Berlin and offer a unique idealo spirit. Your ideas are the driving force that moves our business forward. Not only our product portfolio is diverse, but also the people who work on it. We want you just as you are! Origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation, or a degree of disability are irrelevant.
If you are passionate about improving the world of online shopping alongside 1200 idealos from 60 nations, apply with us today.
Work in the office and from wherever you like.
idealo allows you to work from wherever you are. As part of our Hybrid Work at idealo, you decide whether and how often you work from our office in Berlin or remotely because you live in another city within Germany or the café down the street makes the best coffee cream. Only about once a month, there will be mandatory office days to bring idealos together at company, department or team level, including stunning views from our roof terrace. Find out what Hybrid Work at idealo is all about here and in a personal conversation in the interviews!
Vielen Dank für Deine Bewerbung!
Deine Bewerbung wurde an uns weitergeleitet. Wir prüfen Deine Unterlagen und melden uns in den kommenden Tagen bei Dir zurück. Du willst über idealo auf dem Laufenden bleiben? Folge uns auf LinkedIn.