Senior Java Full-Stack Developer (m|f|x)
Standort flexibelDeutschland, Berlin, BerlinTechnology & Data
Hello I'm Richlyn, the team lead of Product & Technology for our International Department.
We're a close team of 11, that function as a start up within idealo, working on our international portals. How we outwork this day to day, is through A/B testing, working on projects that involve AWS, micro-services, data and much more, alongside other departments. Having freedom, being trusted, and taking responsibility is big part of our team DNA. We look forward to working together, to shape our product and get more people across Europe enthusiastic about idealo! The position is available as a full-time or part-time position.
Excited to continue our growth, we are looking for a new Java Full-Stack Developer who can develop in Spring and has experience with Frontend frameworks. Have a look below for more details and can't wait to hear from you.
About your new role
- You develop features for our 5 international price comparison portals that drive our growth and strengthen our market presence.
- You develop web applications as part of an agile team.
- You work with others to design and develop high quality components for various parts of the idealo user journey that can be A/B tested.
- You work closely with our software team and international country managers to deliver regular improvements to our product.
- You follow the principles of Lean Product Development.
- With you clear communication skills you help your team to collaborate and find creative solutions.
Skills & Requirements
- You already have experience as a software developer in the development of modern web applications.
- Your education and experience as a software developer helps you to solve challenges in a goal-oriented manner and to communicate them to different levels of stakeholders.
- As a team player, you actively involve your team in finding the best solutions and are in close contact with them, for example to share your findings and best practices. You are no stranger to pair programming, code reviews and the pull principle.
- You maintain an open and respectful relationship with your colleagues at eye level and you bring a high level of commitment to continuous improvement.
- Your passion for professional software development (algorithms, design patterns, clean code, agile processes, data structure) drives you and your team. You bring experience or the willingness to learn our technology stack: Spring Boot, React, Kafka, Kubernetes, Postgres, Docker and AWS Cloud.
- BONUS: You are familiar with DevOps such as continuous integration, delivery, test automation and monitoring.
Your benefits at idealo
- A hybrid work model: Because individual needs count more than ever, idealo lets you freely choose your work location within Germany.
- We are one of Germany's best employers to work for and with us, you can enjoy a family-friendly environment where you as an employee will be taken care of.
- A "people-first" culture that promotes your professional and personal development based on your strengths and personal goals.
- Access to learning and development platforms at idealo, but also at the Axel Springer Group.
- In addition to four days of onboarding and intensive training, you benefit from a permanent exchange of knowledge within the teams at idealo.
- Attractive benefits that are not only great for our employees, but also support sustainable regional initiatives and suppliers. For example, free organic breakfast in our canteen and delicious fair trade coffee.
idealo is a Berlin success story: in 2000 we started out with the mission of helping consumers make the best purchasing decisions. Today, with 1.5 million visits per day, 50,000 shops, and more than 330 million product offers, we are one of the most popular German e-commerce websites and one of the leading European shopping and comparison platforms. We are active as a price comparison platform in six countries (Austria, France, Germany, Great Britain, Italy, and Spain).
We are located in the heart of Berlin and offer a unique idealo spirit. Your ideas are the driving force that moves our business forward. Not only our product portfolio is diverse, but also the people who work on it. We want you just as you are! Origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation, or a degree of disability are irrelevant.
If you are passionate about improving the world of online shopping alongside 1200 idealos from 60 nations, apply with us today.
Work in the office and from wherever you like.
idealo allows you to work from wherever you are. As part of our Hybrid Work at idealo, you decide whether and how often you work from our office in Berlin or remotely because you live in another city within Germany or the café down the street makes the best coffee cream. Only about once a month, there will be mandatory office days to bring idealos together at company, department or team level, including stunning views from our roof terrace. Find out what Hybrid Work at idealo is all about here and in a personal conversation in the interviews!
Vielen Dank für Deine Bewerbung!
Deine Bewerbung wurde an uns weitergeleitet. Wir prüfen Deine Unterlagen und melden uns in den kommenden Tagen bei Dir zurück. Du willst über idealo auf dem Laufenden bleiben? Folge uns auf LinkedIn.