You will be joining a diverse, loyal and supporting team with challenging new product ideas and ambitious technical migration projects ahead.
The position is available as a full-time or part-time position.
About your new role
- You will join the department Product Exploration, which is responsible for every aspect of assisting users to find the right products.
- In your future team you will take responsibility for services like idealo’s homepage and the header section.
- The team works cross-functional and holds full operational responsibility for these services, optional on-call rotation, choosing and advancing technology as well as writing business logic.
- You will work with modern technologies and frameworks like ReactJS, Typescript and Next.js, Kotlin, Spring-Boot, GitHub Actions, AWS, Kafka (Aiven) and Docker
- You and your team will keep the Continuous Integration and Deployment Pipeline going, which brings every commit straight to production.
- In an agile team, you will take action in every part – from the initial idea to the final product – and you are looking forward to constructive discussions and extensive pair programming sessions.
Skills & Requirements
- You have multiple years of experience in Front-End development and at least one other area like DevOps and Back-End as well:
- Front-End – SPA with ReactJS, Typescript and Next.js
- DevOps – GitHub Actions, automated Live-Deployments to AWS, monitoring, alerting
- Back-End – Spring Boot, REST, Kafka, MongoDB, PostgreSQL
- You like to work in an agile team, coding in interdisciplinary pairs, with a constant view on sustainable software development and a focus on short delivery and feedback cycles.
- You’re open to delivering value in iterative ways: understanding our customers, creating strong hypotheses together with the team, launching A/B tests, and driving growth through implementing successful solutions.
- You know who Uncle Bob is and ideally have read the book „Clean Code“.
- Concepts of good software architecture are the basis for your daily work, and writing tests goes without saying.
- Contributing to open source projects is a plus!
You don't tick all the boxes? Don't worry, we are looking for employees who convince us with their personality and are motivated to go on full power with their team!
At idealo you can expect
- You don't live in Berlin and want to work from home? Our hybrid working model offers you the freedom to work flexibly from all over Germany. Together we will find the best solution that works for you. In return, you get everything you need for your job (a laptop and noise-cancelling headset).
- You need vacation? We offer you 30 days of vacation. Not enough? You can "buy" an additional 15 days every year by converting your salary and it's seen as a positive thing.
- You want to further your education? We take your personal development goals seriously and, in addition to our idealo Learning Hub, eLearning offerings (e.g., Udemy, DataCamp), coaching & mediation, we also offer you the opportunity to benefit individually from additional learning and development budget.
- And what about the office? Our office in the heart of Berlin offers free organic breakfast, excellent subsidized lunch, as well as free coffee, lemonades and after-work beer, in addition to the "standard foosball". It also has a fabulous rooftop terrace with view of the whole of berlin where you can network with colleagues from our group of companies.
- You don't live in Germany yet? We support you in the visa process and with your relocation.
- You are a parent of a child that’s in need of daycare? Your needs are well looked after with our company KiTa which enables you to keep focused on work with no worries. In addition, you are paid in full for up to 30 sick days per child per year and if you are a single parent, even up to 60 sick days.
idealo is a Berlin success story: in 2000 we started out with the mission of helping consumers make the best purchasing decisions. Today, with 1.5 million visits per day, 50,000 shops, and more than 330 million product offers, we are one of the most popular German e-commerce websites and one of the leading European shopping and comparison platforms. We are active as a price comparison platform in six countries (Austria, France, Germany, Great Britain, Italy, and Spain).
We are located in the heart of Berlin and offer a unique idealo spirit. Your ideas are the driving force that moves our business forward. Not only our product portfolio is diverse, but also the people who work on it. We want you just as you are! Origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation, or a degree of disability are irrelevant.
If you are passionate about improving the world of online shopping alongside 1000 idealos from 60 nations, apply with us today.
Information for applicants with severe disabilities: As an applicant with a severe disability, you can get advice from our Representative Body for Severely Disabled People (SBV) during the application process. Please inform us regarding this topic.
For the inclusion of people with disabilities, our office is accessible without steps. When you start with us, we will see what else is needed!
Work in the office and from wherever you like.
idealo allows you to work from wherever you are. As part of our Hybrid Work at idealo, you decide whether and how often you work from our office in Berlin or remotely because you live in another city within Germany or the café down the street makes the best coffee cream. Only about once a month, there will be mandatory office days to bring idealos together at company, department or team level, including stunning views from our roof terrace. Find out what Hybrid Work at idealo is all about here and in a personal conversation in the interviews!
Vielen Dank für Deine Bewerbung!
Deine Bewerbung wurde an uns weitergeleitet. Wir prüfen Deine Unterlagen und melden uns in den kommenden Tagen bei Dir zurück. Du willst über idealo auf dem Laufenden bleiben? Folge uns auf LinkedIn.