We are Team Tyrell and are responsible for the homepage and the wish list at idealo. Our team consists of a team lead, 3 engineers, a product owner and a designer. We just finished migrating all our services to AWS and are excited to proceed with further improvements on our technical journey.
Join us as an engineer and contribute to building features, optimizing and maintaining our services while ensuring performance for our 6+ million daily requests to the homepage.
The position of Fullstack Engineer - Homepage (m|f|x) is available as a full-time or part-time position.
About your new role
- Responsibilities: As a member of the Product Exploration Department, you will play a central role in assisting our users in finding the right products.You will be responsible for key areas such as the idealo homepage and the header section. Your tasks will encompass maintaining and developing these services, selecting and implementing technologies, as well as developing business logic.
- Technologies and Frameworks: In your day-to-day work, you will be using modern technologies and frameworks
such as ReactJS, Typescript, Next.js, Kotlin, Spring-Boot, GitHub Actions, AWS, Kafka (Aiven) and Docker.
Together with your team, you will ensure the smooth operation of the Continuous Integration and Deployment Pipeline,
bringing every commit directly into production.
- Collaborative Approach: You will actively participate in the entire process, from the initial idea to the final product, within an agile team. You look forward to constructive discussions and intensive pair programming sessions.
Skills & Requirements
- Experience: You have several years of experience in Front-End development and at least one other area like DevOps or Back-End:
- Front-End – SPA with ReactJS, Typescript and Next.js
- DevOps – GitHub Actions, automated Live-Deployments to AWS, monitoring, alerting
- Back-End – Spring Boot, REST, Kafka, MongoDB, PostgreSQL
- Agile Mindset: You enjoy working in an agile team, coding in interdisciplinary pairs, with a constant focus on sustainable software development and short delivery and feedback cycles.
- Iterative Value Delivery: You are open to delivering value in iterative ways: understanding our customers, creating strong hypotheses together with the team, launching A/B tests, and driving growth through implementing successful solutions.
- Code Quality and Testing: You know who "Uncle Bob" is and ideally have read the book "Clean Code".
Concepts of good software architecture form the basis of your daily work, and writing tests goes without saying.
Contributing to open-source projects is a plus!
You don't tick all the boxes? Don't worry, we are looking for employees who convince us with their personality and are motivated to go on full power with their team!
At idealo you can expect
- You don't live in Berlin and want to work from home? Our hybrid work model offers you the freedom to work from all over Germany in a mobile and flexible way. Together we will find the best solution that works for you. In return, you get everything you need for your work (noise-canceling headset, laptop, etc.).
- You need vacation? We offer you 30 days of vacation. Not enough? You can "buy" an additional 15 days every year by converting your salary and it's seen as a positive thing.
- Workation? No problem! Up to 6 months per year you can enjoy working from outside of Germany. We will check case by case so you can enjoy your workation without any issues.
- You want to further your education? We take your personal development goals seriously and, in addition to our idealo Learning Hub, eLearning offerings (e.g., Udemy, DataCamp), coaching & mediation, we also offer you the opportunity to benefit individually from additional learning and development budget.
- And what about the office? Our office in the heart of Berlin offers free organic breakfast, excellent free lunch (vegan and vegetarian), as well as free coffee, lemonades and after-work beer, in addition to the "standard foosball". It also has a fabulous rooftop terrace with view of the whole of berlin where you can network with colleagues from our group of companies.
- You don't live in Germany yet? We support you in the visa process and with your relocation.
idealo is a Berlin success story: in 2000 we started out with the mission of helping consumers make the best purchasing decisions. Today, with 1.5 million visits per day, 50,000 shops, and more than 330 million product offers, we are one of the most popular German e-commerce websites and one of the leading European shopping and comparison platforms. We are active as a price comparison platform in six countries (Austria, France, Germany, Great Britain, Italy, and Spain).
We are located in the heart of Berlin and offer a unique idealo spirit. Your ideas are the driving force that moves our business forward. Not only our product portfolio is diverse, but also the people who work on it. We want you just as you are! Origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation, or a degree of disability are irrelevant.
If you are passionate about improving the world of online shopping alongside 1000 idealos from 60 nations, apply with us today.
Information for applicants with severe disabilities: As an applicant with a severe disability, you can get advice from our Representative Body for Severely Disabled People (SBV) during the application process. Please inform us regarding this topic.
For the inclusion of people with disabilities, our office is accessible without steps. When you start with us, we will see what else is needed!
Work in the office and from wherever you like.
idealo allows you to work from wherever you are. As part of our Hybrid Work at idealo, you decide whether and how often you work from our office in Berlin or remotely because you live in another city within Germany or the café down the street makes the best coffee cream. Only about once a month, there will be mandatory office days to bring idealos together at company, department or team level, including stunning views from our roof terrace. Find out what Hybrid Work at idealo is all about here and in a personal conversation in the interviews!
Vielen Dank für Deine Bewerbung!
Deine Bewerbung wurde an uns weitergeleitet. Wir prüfen Deine Unterlagen und melden uns in den kommenden Tagen bei Dir zurück. Du willst über idealo auf dem Laufenden bleiben? Folge uns auf LinkedIn.