Senior Full Stack Developer (Java, React/Angular) – Team Customer Activity (m|f|x)
Our mission is to make millions of users happy with individualized addressing and real wow features. Through close cooperation in cross-functional teams, with UX & Design, regular user tests, and A/B tests, we jointly ensure that we work in a customer-centric manner. In this way, we make our customer retention features even more relevant and ensure that customer activity is sustainably increased.
You know who Uncle Bob is and you understand what he is talking about? Then we are looking for you to join our "Acquisition & Loyalty" product area to make our measures even more targeted.
The position as a Senior Full Stack Developer – Team Customer Activity (m|f|x) is available as a full-time or part-time position.
About your new role
- Together with your cross-functional team, you drive the development of new features from concept to prototype to tested and performant features.
- We work in an agile way, and therefore you will accompany the entire development process from the idea to a product that hundreds of thousands of users use every day.
- Ecosystems around Angular or React, Spring Boot, and working with REST-based APIs are part of your daily work.
- You understand the basics of good design and design modern and functional interfaces using a pattern library and style guide.
- In addition, you design and implement scalable and highly available microservices as well as web applications running in our Kubernetes clusters or AWS.
- You contribute to the definition, creation, and operation of our platform and infrastructure such as CI/CD pipelines, monitoring, and alerting.
- You drive our innovation forward and strive for technical excellence.
- As a sparring partner of our product owner, you develop the best possible product.
Skills & Requirements
- With several years of experience in software development, you have a focus on frontend development and a solid understanding of web application development
You are comfortable working with the following technologies:
- A front-end ecosystem built around Angular or React
- Java (Spring Boot), NoSQL and SQL databases (i.e., MongoDB and PostgreSQL)
- You live Test-Driven Development and don't see it as just a buzzword. It is a plus if you are also familiar with Domain-Driven-Design
- Concepts like Software Craftsmanship, Clean Code, Continuous Deployment are important to you
- You have a well-founded opinion and represent it - and respect it when others do the same
- You live an open feedback culture, have an agile mindset, and are highly motivated to work with the latest technologies
- Your passion is software development and you like to share it with your team
- Our team is international, so we expect you to be fluent and confident in discussions
- AWS and/or Kubernetes/OpenShift/Rancher and automation tools like Terraform
- Messaging queues/event streaming preferred Apache Kafka
Very awesome extras:
- You are an active contributor to open-source projects
- You like to present your work at conferences and user groups
At idealo you can expect
- Join one of Germany's best employers to work for and enjoy a family-friendly environment where you as an employee will be taken care of
- A people-first culture that promotes your development as a professional and person based on your strengths and personal goals
- We are a principle-based product & technology organization using OKRs for setting and measuring our goals. We work with agile methods giving a lot of responsibility and freedom to the individual teams
- Access to learning & development resources at idealo and the Axel Springer Group. Choose your preferred resources from the growing list of online courses on Udemy, extend your knowledge and professional network at conferences and meetups
- A diverse and engaged community of +350 highly skilled and experienced technologists from +40 nations at idealo and a growing network of technologists at the Axel Springer Group, all located in Europe's most modern office building in the heart of Berlin
- A competitive compensation package and various attractive benefits that are not only great for our employees but also promote a sustainable lifestyle incl. JobRad/Bike Leasing, free organic breakfast and lunch options in our canteen delivered from regional initiatives and vendors as well as delicious fair-trade coffee
idealo is a Berlin success story: in 2000 we started out with the mission of helping consumers make the best purchasing decisions. Right in the heart of Berlin, almost 1,000 employees from 40 nations are supporting our make the best purchase decision. We focussing on agile and autonomous work, sustainability, and a healthy relationship between work and private life. These values are firmly anchored in our corporate culture and an integral part of our corporate philosophy.
As part of our team, you can look forward to freedom, an international and inspiring working environment. Your ideas are particularly important to us. Not only our product portfolio is diverse, but also the people who work on it. We want you just as you are! Origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation, or a severely handicapped degree do not play a role.
Information for applicants with severe disabilities: As an applicant with a severe disability, you can get advice from our Severely Disabled Representation (SBV) during the application process.
idealo continues hiring during the COVID-19 pandemic
We do still hire great talent from around the world! Due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, we are checking almost every day with the authorities if and how we can relocate talent from EU and non-EU countries to work with idealo. Please bear in mind that we will take individual decisions in close consultation with the applicant and the authorities.