Senior Frontend Engineer (React) (m|f|x) – Team Product Page
Deutschland, Berlin, BerlinTechnology & Data
With more than 1 million visitors per day, idealo is one of the largest e-commerce websites in Europe. Once a user knows what product to buy, it’s all about comparing related offers. Supporting customers to make the right purchase decisions – and fulfilling a frictionless purchase execution – is the main purpose of the product area “Shopping”.
After the customer selected an offer to purchase, the product page team provides useful information in a comprehensive form to the customer in order to continue the purchase journey over idealo directly.
The position Senior Frontend Engineer (React) (m|f|x) is available in full-time or part-time.
About your new role
- You will take ownership for the full development life cycle: from digging for requirements, implementation with tests, getting a review by team members, then deploy and monitor the real-world application.
- You take a high degree of initiative and approach problems the smart and simple way (YAGNI).
- You embrace healthy modern engineering practices through writing clean, well-tested and well-structured code with the team.
- You love agile methodologies like Kanban and Scrum as much as we do and help to improve our ways of working together.
- You work together as a team – mentoring and learning from the team’s existing members to break knowledge silos and ensure that the team is producing a reliable, well documented (ADR) and well understood product.
Skills & Requirements
- You have at least 5 years of professional experience as a software engineer in the software development of modern web applications.
- You have at least 3 years of professional experience covering the full and agile software development life cycle.
- Proven experience in the industry with Node.js, React, Redux, TypeScript, Styled Components, HTML 5 / CSS 3 and GraphQL / REST.
- Experience with Docker, Kubernetes (Openshift), GitHub / GitHub Actions and AWS on a developer level.
- You thrive on the ability to solve technical and business challenges, while driving engineering best practices.
At idealo you can expect
- Join one of Germany's best employers to work for and enjoy a family-friendly environment where you as an employee will be taken care of.
- A people-first culture that promotes your development as a professional and person based on your strengths and personal goals.
- We are a principle-based product & technology organization using OKRs for setting and measuring our goals. We work with agile methods giving a lot of responsibility and freedom to the individual teams.
- Access to learning & development resources at idealo and the Axel Springer Group. Choose your preferred resources from the growing list of online courses on Udemy, extend your knowledge and professional network on conferences and meetups.
- A diverse and engaged community of +300 highly skilled and experienced technologists from +40 nations at idealo and a growing network of technologists at the Axel Springer Group, all located in Europe's most modern office building in the heart of Berlin.
- A competitive compensation package and various attractive benefits that are not only great for our employees but also promote a sustainable lifestyle incl. JobRad/Bike Leasing, free organic breakfast and lunch options in our canteen delivered from regional initiatives and vendors as well as delicious fair-trade coffee.
idealo is a Berlin success story: in 2000 we started out with the mission of helping consumers make the best purchasing decisions. Today, with 1.5 million visits per day, 50,000 shops, and more than 330 million product offers, we are one of the most popular German e-commerce websites and one of the leading European shopping and comparison platforms. We are active as a price comparison platform in six countries (Austria, France, Germany, Great Britain, Italy, and Spain).
We are located in the heart of Berlin and offer a unique idealo spirit. Your ideas are the driving force that moves our business forward. Not only our product portfolio is diverse, but also the people who work on it. We want you just as you are! Origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation, or a degree of disability are irrelevant.
If you are passionate about improving the world of online shopping alongside 1100 idealos from 40 nations, apply with us today.
idealo continues hiring during the COVID-19 pandemic
We do still hire great talent from around the world! Our interview process is currently fully remote, however we are glad to be back at the office in hybrid mode soon. idealos will then be spending their time partly at the office in Berlin and partly remote. Feel free to reach out for further infos!
Vielen Dank für Deine Bewerbung!
Deine Bewerbung wurde an uns weitergeleitet. Wir prüfen Deine Unterlagen und melden uns in den kommenden Tagen bei Dir zurück. Du willst über idealo auf dem Laufenden bleiben? Folge uns auf LinkedIn.