Senior Frontend Engineer - Growth Team (m|f|d)
Standort flexibelDeutschland, Berlin, BerlinTechnology & Data
At idealo, every day millions of users from all across Europe search and discover products and prices. Our team’s mission is to drive customer value and delight through data-driven experimentation. We look across the user journey and identify opportunities to improve our organic acquisition and retention metrics. We do this with close collaboration across UX designers, user research, data analysts and experimentation leads as well as direct partnership with product and marketing teams.
Our development is done in Github in rapid CI/CD cycles with Github Actions. We run on AWS.
The position is available as a full-time or part-time.
About your new role
- You will implement challenging experiments to test hypotheses.
- You will evaluate results as a team and - if significant - implement the changes to production in close collaboration with the product owning teams.
- You collaborate with UX designers, analysts, marketing and various product teams.
Skills & Requirements
- You are an experienced Frontend Engineer (3+ years) who gets excited about more than a beautiful UI.
- You feel comfortable in working with semantic HTML5, i18n, a11y.
- You have strong experience with React (17+), SSR, Next.js (12), Webpack (5+).
- You have experience with a/b test implementation.
- You have some experience in analytics and are excited about understanding the impact of changes in numbers.
- You are curious to learn more about marketing with a focus on organic user acquisition and retention.
- Previous exposure to e-commerce metrics, funnels or data model would be a plus.
- You are an open communicator and love to collaborate across teams .
- You are a continuous learner & creative problem solver .
- You are proficient in English; German is a plus but not required.
At idealo you can expect
- You don't live in Berlin and want to work from home? Our hybrid work model offers you the freedom to work from all over Germany in a mobile and flexible way. Together we will find the best solution that works for you. In return, you get everything you need for your work (noise-canceling headset, laptop, etc.).
- You need vacation? We offer you 30 days of vacation. Not enough? You can "buy" an additional 15 days every year by converting your salary and it's seen as a positive thing.
- You want to further your education? We take your personal development goals seriously and, in addition to our idealo Learning Hub, eLearning offerings (e.g., Udemy, DataCamp), coaching & mediation, we also offer you the opportunity to benefit individually from additional learning and development budget.
- You want full flexibility on your way to work and beyond? No problem with a job bike or BVG company ticket - and it's environmentally friendly, too!
- You don't live in Germany yet? We support you in the visa process and with your relocation.
idealo is a Berlin success story: in 2000 we started out with the mission of helping consumers make the best purchasing decisions. Today, with 1.5 million visits per day, 50,000 shops, and more than 330 million product offers, we are one of the most popular German e-commerce websites and one of the leading European shopping and comparison platforms. We are active as a price comparison platform in six countries (Austria, France, Germany, Great Britain, Italy, and Spain).
We are located in the heart of Berlin and offer a unique idealo spirit. Your ideas are the driving force that moves our business forward. Not only our product portfolio is diverse, but also the people who work on it. We want you just as you are! Origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation, or a degree of disability are irrelevant.
If you are passionate about improving the world of online shopping alongside 1200 idealos from 60 nations, apply with us today.
Work in the office and from wherever you like.
idealo allows you to work from wherever you are. As part of our Hybrid Work at idealo, you decide whether and how often you work from our office in Berlin or remotely because you live in another city within Germany or the café down the street makes the best coffee cream. Only about once a month, there will be mandatory office days to bring idealos together at company, department or team level, including stunning views from our roof terrace. Find out what Hybrid Work at idealo is all about here and in a personal conversation in the interviews!
Vielen Dank für Deine Bewerbung!
Deine Bewerbung wurde an uns weitergeleitet. Wir prüfen Deine Unterlagen und melden uns in den kommenden Tagen bei Dir zurück. Du willst über idealo auf dem Laufenden bleiben? Folge uns auf LinkedIn.