(Senior) Backend Engineer (Kotlin / Spring Boot / AWS) (m|f|x)
Deutschland, Berlin, BerlinTechnology & Data
As Product Discovery department, we help millions of customers find the right product every day. We provide smart filters for relevant product information and sorting but are also responsible for the start and results pages and are therefore a very central area in the idealo universe. With us, you work directly "at the heart" of idealo: Thanks to us, customers can easily find the product they are looking for. And now we are hiring a (Senior) Backend Engineer (m|f|x) in full-time or part-time to further support us!
About your new role
- In the department Product Discovery you and your team are responsible for every aspect of assisting users to find the right products.
- You take responsibility for services like idealo’s homepage and the wish list to do so.
- This includes full operational responsibility for these services, optional on-call rotation, choosing and advancing technology as well as writing business logic.
- You will work with modern technologies and frameworks like AWS, Kubernetes, GitHub Actions, Kotlin, Spring Boot, Kafka and Docker.
- You and your team will keep the Continuous Integration and Deployment Pipeline going, which brings every commit straight to production.
- In an agile team you will take action in every part – from the initial idea to the final product – and you are looking forward to constructive discussions.
What you bring
- You have multiple years of experience in these areas:
- Back-End – Spring Boot, REST, messaging, MongoDB, PostgreSQL
- DevOps – GitHub Actions, automated Live-Deployments to Kubernetes / AWS, monitoring, alerting
- You’re open for delivering value in iterative ways: understanding our customers, creating strong hypotheses together with the team, launching A/B tests, and driving growth through implementing successful solutions.
- You like to work in an agile team, coding in interdisciplinary pairs teaching your skills and learning some ReactJS / Typescript skills in exchange.
- You know who Uncle Bob is and ideally have read the book „Clean Code“.
- Concepts of good software architecture are the basis for you daily work and writing tests goes without saying.
- Fluently communicating in German and English is no problem for you.
- Contributing to open source projects is a plus!
Your benefits at idealo
- Training opportunities for your career.
- Family-friendly and environmental-friendly company policy.
- International, open-minded working environment with 1,100+ people from 60 countries.
- The provision of all necessary equipment that you need to deliver top performances.
- Ideal working conditions for a healthy work-life-balance, including 30+ days of holiday remote work options and flexible office hours.
idealo is a Berlin success story: in 2000 we started out with the mission of helping consumers make the best purchasing decisions. Right in the heart of Berlin, almost 1,100 employees from 60 nations are supporting our make the best purchase decision. We are focusing on agile and autonomous work, sustainability and a healthy relationship between work and private life. These values are firmly anchored in our corporate culture and an integral part of our corporate philosophy.
As part of our team, you can look forward to freedom, an international and inspiring working environment. Your ideas are particularly important to us. Not only our product portfolio is diverse, but also the people who work on it. We want you just as you are! Origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation or a severely handicapped degree do not play a role.
Information for applicants with severe disabilities: As an applicant with a severe disability, you can get advice from our Severely Disabled Representation (SBV) during the application process.
idealo continues hiring during the COVID-19 pandemic
We do still hire great talent from around the world! Our interview process is currently fully remote, however we are glad to be back at the office in hybrid mode soon. idealos will then be spending their time partly at the office in Berlin and partly remote. Feel free to reach out for further infos!
Vielen Dank für Deine Bewerbung!
Deine Bewerbung wurde an uns weitergeleitet. Wir prüfen Deine Unterlagen und melden uns in den kommenden Tagen bei Dir zurück. Du willst über idealo auf dem Laufenden bleiben? Folge uns auf LinkedIn.