As a Senior Android Engineer at idealo, you drive the evolution of our award-winning e-commerce apps. We enable millions of users to do price comparison and good buying decisions on their mobile phone. We are a fully integrated and autonomous team that balances using proven technologies with cutting edge experimentation, delivering best in class user experiences and impact on idealo’s mission. We own our code and decide on the technical direction of our products. And we need strong support to grow further. Are you passionate about this challenge? If yes, we’re looking forward to speaking to you.
This position is available full-time or part-time.
About your new role
- At idealo you are part of a team of highly motivated Android developers that strive for excellence in product and software development.
- You work closely with product owners, user experience designers, data analysts and an engineering team for our backend for frontend (BFF).
- We work as an agile team where you will be involved in product development from ideation to operating a product at scale.
- You’re routinely working with modern technologies and practices on a high quality Kotlin codebase, allowing us to innovate fast and efficiently.
- A refined user interface is important to you, and you work closely with your UX colleagues to make features even better during implementation.
- You apply pragmatic solutions, find the right trade-offs, and seek to reduce complexity to help your team to deliver and increase leverage for the organisation.
Skills & Requirements
- You have a deep understanding of Android development and extensive experience working with Kotlin and Kotlin coroutines.
- Experience with concepts like MVVM, Clean Code and SOLID is a must, and you know how to apply software design and architecture patterns.
- Ideally, you are experienced with implementing GraphQL APIs.
- You are passionate about writing readable, reliable, maintainable, and testable code.
- You are an open and communicative team player, curious about solving interesting and sometimes complex problems.
- You are a self-sufficient and well organised engineer, and you can expect the same from the team around you.
You don't tick all the boxes? Don't worry, we are looking for employees who convince us with their personality and are motivated to go on full power with their team!
At idealo you can expect
- You don't live in Berlin and want to work from home? Our hybrid work model offers you the freedom to work from all over Germany in a mobile and flexible way. Together we will find the best solution that works for you. In return, you get everything you need for your work (noise-canceling headset, laptop, etc.).
- You need vacation? We offer you 30 days of vacation. Not enough? You can "buy" an additional 15 days every year by converting your salary and it's seen as a positive thing.
- Workation? No problem! Up to 6 months per year you can enjoy working from outside of Germany. We will check case by case so you can enjoy your workation without any issues.
- You want to further your education? We take your personal development goals seriously and, in addition to our idealo Learning Hub, eLearning offerings (e.g., Udemy, DataCamp), coaching & mediation, we also offer you the opportunity to benefit individually from additional learning and development budget.
- And what about the office? Our office in the heart of Berlin offers free organic breakfast, excellent subsidized lunch, as well as free coffee, lemonades and after-work beer, in addition to the "standard foosball". It also has a fabulous rooftop terrace with view of the whole of berlin where you can network with colleagues from our group of companies.
- You don't live in Germany yet? We support you in the visa process and with your relocation.
- You are a parent of a child that’s in need of daycare? Your needs are well looked after with our company KiTa which enables you to keep focused on work with no worries. In addition, you are paid in full for up to 30 sick days per child per year and if you are a single parent, even up to 60 sick days.
idealo is a Berlin success story: in 2000 we started out with the mission of helping consumers make the best purchasing decisions. Today, with ~2.5 million visits per day, ~50,000 shops, and more than ~500 million product offers, we are one of the most popular German e-commerce websites and one of the leading European shopping and comparison platforms. We are active as a price comparison platform in six countries (Austria, France, Germany, Great Britain, Italy, and Spain).
We are located in the heart of Berlin and offer a unique idealo spirit. Your ideas are the driving force that moves our business forward. Not only our product portfolio is diverse, but also the people who work on it. We want you just as you are! Origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation, or a degree of disability are irrelevant.
If you are passionate about improving the world of online shopping alongside ~1000 idealos from ~60 nations, apply with us today.
Information for applicants with severe disabilities: As an applicant with a severe disability, you can get advice from our Representative Body for Severely Disabled People (SBV) during the application process. Please inform us regarding this topic.
For the inclusion of people with disabilities, our office is accessible without steps. When you start with us, we will see what else is needed!
Work in the office and from wherever you like.
idealo allows you to work from wherever you are. As part of our Hybrid Work at idealo, you decide whether and how often you work from our office in Berlin or remotely because you live in another city within Germany or the café down the street makes the best coffee cream. Only about once a month, there will be mandatory office days to bring idealos together at company, department or team level, including stunning views from our roof terrace. Find out what Hybrid Work at idealo is all about here and in a personal conversation in the interviews!
Vielen Dank für Deine Bewerbung!
Deine Bewerbung wurde an uns weitergeleitet. Wir prüfen Deine Unterlagen und melden uns in den kommenden Tagen bei Dir zurück. Du willst über idealo auf dem Laufenden bleiben? Folge uns auf LinkedIn.