Product Owner - Merchant Business (m|f|x)
Standort flexibelDeutschland, Berlin, BerlinProduct
As the Product Owner of the Leadouts team in the Merchant Business product area, you have unique insights into the purchasing behaviour of millions of customers among thousands of merchants throughout Europe: We cooperate with around 50.000 e-commerce shops in Europe, scaling from small, specialized shops to big marketplaces like Amazon and eBay.
Our existing data products enable the most important, business-critical use cases of the company. The challenge of the team is: Automate and scale the way performance data helps to grow the business of our partners on the idealo platform.
If you want to be part of our team and help to apply a product mindset to define the vision and roadmap - join our team!
The position as Product Owner - Merchant Business (m|f|x) is advertised as a full or part-time position.
About your new role
- As part of the Merchant Business area, you are responsible for the domain of performance data (collecting and providing core performance data consisting of purchases).
- Launch, improve, measure and iterate experiments based on hypotheses on various data products used across the departments.
- You contribute significantly to the continuous development of your products. Together with your Team Lead, you will also ensure an expected delivery speed and satisfaction.
- Working in an interdisciplinary team (team lead, developers, data engineers, UX/UI, analysts), you contribute to all phases of the development lifecycle from ideation to end-of-life; assess value, develop scope, specify features and prioritize backlog items.
- You maintain good communication and transparency between the team and the stakeholders, actively seeking feedback from stakeholders on your outcome-based roadmap and the opportunity solution tree.
- As a member of the leadership team, you support the shaping of structure and cooperation within your department.
Skills & Requirements
- You bring several years of professional experience in digital product management within agile teams.
- You have a good understanding of data products lifecycle.
- You have a high affinity for advertising technologies and bring experience in developing products in a complex business environment.
- Ideally, you already have experience in fetching, analyzing and visualizing data hands-on (e.g. SQL, statistical methods, Tableau).
- You have experience in working with strong stakeholders, communicating clearly, and knowing how to keep the team focused on business outcomes.
- You drive innovation and challenge the status quo.
- You are empathetic and have the know-how in creating a motivating environment for your colleagues, and lead by example.
- idealo employs a mix of English and German-speaking people. Fluent English is required, and being comfortable among German-speaking colleagues would be your advantage.
At idealo you can expect
- You don't live in Berlin and want to work from home? Our hybrid working model offers you the freedom to work from all over Germany in a mobile and flexible way. Together we will find the best solution that works for you. In return, you get everything you need for your work (noise-canceling headset, laptop, etc.).
- You need vacation? We offer you 30 days of vacation. Not enough? You can "buy" an additional 15 days every year by converting your salary.
- You want to further your education? We take your personal development goals seriously and, in addition to our idealo Learning Hub, eLearning offers (e.g., Udemy, DataCamp), coaching & mediation, we also offer you the opportunity to benefit individually from our training budget.
- And what about the office? Our office in the heart of Berlin offers free organic breakfast, excellent subsidized lunch, as well as free coffee, lemonades and after-work beer, in addition to the "standard foosball". At the same time, you can network with colleagues from our group of companies on our beautiful rooftop terrace.
- Do you like support outside of work? We offer free counseling and support in all areas of life (professional, private, family, health, etc.) in cooperation with the pme-Familienservice.
- You don't live in Germany yet? We support you in the visa process and with your relocation.
idealo is a Berlin success story: in 2000 we started out with the mission of helping consumers make the best purchasing decisions. Right in the heart of Berlin, over 1200 employees from 60 nations are working on the future of online shopping. We focus on agile and self-reliant work, sustainability and a healthy relationship between work and private life. These values are firmly anchored in our corporate culture and an integral part of our corporate philosophy.
As part of our team, you can look forward to freedom, an international and inspiring working environment. Your ideas are particularly important to us. Not only our product portfolio is diverse, but also the people who work on it. We want you just as you are! Origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation or a severely handicapped degree do not play a role.
Information for applicants with severe disabilities: As an applicant with a severe disability, you can get advice from our Severely Disabled Representation (SBV) during the application process. Please contact email@example.com.
Work in the office and from wherever you like.
idealo allows you to work from wherever you are. As part of our Hybrid Work at idealo, you decide whether and how often you work from our office in Berlin or remotely because you live in another city within Germany or the café down the street makes the best coffee cream. Only about once a month, there will be mandatory office days to bring idealos together at company, department or team level, including stunning views from our roof terrace. Find out what Hybrid Work at idealo is all about here and in a personal conversation in the interviews!
Vielen Dank für Deine Bewerbung!
Deine Bewerbung wurde an uns weitergeleitet. Wir prüfen Deine Unterlagen und melden uns in den kommenden Tagen bei Dir zurück. Du willst über idealo auf dem Laufenden bleiben? Folge uns auf LinkedIn.