Product Owner – Catalog Data (m|f|x)
Deutschland, Berlin, BerlinProduct
As Product Discovery department we help millions of customers to find the right product every day. We provide smart filters for relevant product information and sorting, but we are also responsible for the start and result pages and are therefore a very central area in the idealo universe.
All this wouldn’t work with the underlying catalog – the heart of idealo. With incoming data for offers and products (>1000 million updates per day) we process and shape what is later visible to our customers on the respective webpages. We are looking for a Product Owner (m|w|x) responsible for all technical solutions and tools to manage the heart of idealo – our catalog.
About your new role
- As part of the Product Discovery area, together with our Head of Product Nathali, you are responsible for the tools and services that process and organize the incoming offer data for our “catalog”.
- Working in an interdisciplinary team (team lead, developers, machine learning engineers, analysts), you analyze and improve the processing chain(s) in a sophisticated microservice architecture, fine tune our machine learning live cycles which tag and cluster our offers, migrate existing systems to AWS and create new solutions to automate product creation (right now involving a lot of manual work, which needs to be replaced by clever new algorithms).
- Contribute to all phases of the development lifecycle from ideation to end-of-life; assess value, develop scope, and prioritize backlog items.
- You develop roadmap(s) and vision for good transparency and communication with stakeholders and other teams.
- As a member of the leadership team, you support the shaping of structure and cooperation within our department.
Skills & Requirements
- Professional experience in product management in an agile environment, preferably in e-commerce and ideally first experience with data processing chains and/or machine learning.
- You are skilled in developing hypotheses, validating them through rapid prototyping or A/B testing and presenting results.
- You have a good understanding of numbers, can derive user and product needs from large amounts of data.
- Due to your solution-oriented and motivated nature, you are able to convince others of your plans and make a difference together with your team.
- You are an excellent communicator with different stakeholders. This includes other product owners, developers, managers and - of course - our idealo customers.
- idealo employs a mix of English and German speaking people, so you will need to be comfortable with speaking English regularly. Proficiency in German is a plus.
At idealo you can expect
- Join one of Germany's best employers to work for and enjoy a family-friendly environment where you as an employee will be taken care of.
- You will arrive in an environment with a healthy and appreciative feedback and working culture. A people-first culture that promotes your development as a professional and person based on your strengths and personal goals.
- We are a principle-based product & technology organization using OKRs for setting and measuring our goals. We work with agile methods giving a lot of responsibility and freedom to the individual teams.
- Access to learning & development resources at idealo and the Axel Springer Group. Choose your preferred resources from the growing list of online courses on Udemy, extend your knowledge and professional network at conferences and meetups.
- A diverse and engaged community of more than 380 highly skilled and experienced technologists from more than 60 nations at idealo and a growing network of technologists at the Axel Springer Group, all located in Europe's most modern office building in the heart of Berlin.
- A competitive compensation package and various attractive benefits that are not only great for our employees but also promote a sustainable lifestyle incl. JobRad/Bike Leasing, free organic breakfast and lunch options in our canteen delivered from regional initiatives and vendors as well as delicious fair-trade coffee.
idealo is a Berlin success story: in 2000 we started out with the mission of helping consumers make the best purchasing decisions. Right in the heart of Berlin, over 1,000 employees from 60 nations are working on the future of online shopping. We focus on agile and self-reliant work, sustainability, and a healthy relationship between work and private life. These values are firmly anchored in our corporate culture and an integral part of our corporate philosophy.
As part of our team, you can look forward to freedom, an international and inspiring working environment. Your ideas are particularly important to us. Not only our product portfolio is diverse, but also the people who work on it. We want you just as you are! Origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation or a severely handicapped degree do not play a role.
Information for applicants with severe disabilities: As an applicant with a severe disability, you can get advice from our Severely Disabled Representation (SBV) during the application process.
idealo continues hiring during the COVID-19 pandemic
We do still hire great talent from around the world! Due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, we are checking almost every day with the authorities if and how we can relocate talent from EU and non-EU countries to work with idealo. Please bear in mind that we will take individual decisions in close consultation with the applicant and the authorities.
Vielen Dank für Deine Bewerbung!
Deine Bewerbung wurde an uns weitergeleitet. Wir prüfen Deine Unterlagen und melden uns in den kommenden Tagen bei Dir zurück. Du willst über idealo auf dem Laufenden bleiben? Folge uns auf LinkedIn.