Principal Cloud Engineer (m|f|x)
Standort flexibelDeutschland, Berlin, BerlinTechnology & Data
We are looking for a highly experienced Principal Cloud Engineer (m|f|x) (inofficially "Cloud Guru") to help lead our Web/Cloud Platform product area. As an individual contributor you drive- together with the Head of Product and Head of Operations - the completion of the migration from on-prem to AWS ☁! And beyond.
Our mission is to build excellent systems and processes to make product development for our stream-aligned teams easy and fun, empowering them to concentrate on their core business by reducing their cognitive load. The migration is a company wide project which gives you a lot of room to drive new ideas and to have impact.
This position is available as a full-time or part-time position.
About your new role
- Together with the Head of Product and Head of Operations, you ensure that our Web/Cloud Platform is always available to drive decisions and support our software engineering teams with consulting and products service.
- You are responsible for the architecture of the systems built within the Web/Cloud product area and advise our engineers and leaders on architecture concepts and best practices in system and cloud engineering.
- You proactively initiate and execute process and technical improvements to our cloud strategy and architecture.
- You identify, evaluate, and drive the adoption of innovative technologies within the Cloud Platform.
- You mentor and coach engineers in our teams, such as Cloud Shuttle, Compute, Persistence, SRE, and Transport. You are a role model to our internal community of Cloud Engineers.
- You have extensive working experience as a Cloud or System Engineer and are experienced in transitioning from Web into Cloud Platform.
- You have solid knowledge of methods, processes, and standards for the technologies that support the complete cloud value chain.
- You have experience building large scale distributed infrastructure with AWS.
- You view internal stakeholders as customers to be delighted.
- You have experience coaching teams on resilience patterns and observability, as well as driving meaningful operational meetings where the operational performance of the system and past incidents is reviewed.
We encourage diverse profiles, so if this role sounds exciting to you and you match even 50% of the requirements please apply.
At idealo you can expect
- You don't live in Berlin and want to work from home? Our hybrid work model offers you the freedom to work from all over Germany in a mobile and flexible way. Together we will find the best solution that works for you. In return, you get everything you need for your work (noise-canceling headset, laptop, etc.).
- You need vacation? We offer you 30 days of vacation. Not enough? You can "buy" an additional 15 days every year by converting your salary and it's seen as a positive thing.
- You want to further your education? We take your personal development goals seriously and, in addition to our idealo Learning Hub, eLearning offerings (e.g., Udemy, DataCamp), coaching & mediation, we also offer you the opportunity to benefit individually from additional learning and development budget.
- You are a parent of a child that’s in need of daycare? Your needs are well looked after with our company KiTa which enables you to keep focused on work with no worries. In addition, you are paid in full for up to 30 sick days per child per year and if you are a single parent, even up to 60 sick days.
- And what else is there? Of course, success must be celebrated! In addition to team events, you can also expect big company events and other moments of organized connection with others in the company and your team throughout the year!
idealo is a Berlin success story: in 2000 we started out with the mission of helping consumers make the best purchasing decisions. Today, with 1.5 million visits per day, 50,000 shops, and more than 330 million product offers, we are one of the most popular German e-commerce websites and one of the leading European shopping and comparison platforms. We are active as a price comparison platform in six countries (Austria, France, Germany, Great Britain, Italy, and Spain).
We are located in the heart of Berlin and offer a unique idealo spirit. Your ideas are the driving force that moves our business forward. Not only our product portfolio is diverse, but also the people who work on it. We want you just as you are! Origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation, or a degree of disability are irrelevant.
If you are passionate about improving the world of online shopping alongside 1200 idealos from 60 nations, apply with us today.
Information for applicants with severe disabilities: As an applicant with a severe disability, you can get advice from our Severely Disabled Representation (SBV) during the application process.
Please contact our representative for severely disabled persons at: firstname.lastname@example.org .
Our office is barrier-free for the inclusion of people with disabilities.
Work in the office and from wherever you like.
idealo allows you to work from wherever you are. As part of our Hybrid Work at idealo, you decide whether and how often you work from our office in Berlin or remotely because you live in another city within Germany or the café down the street makes the best coffee cream. Only about once a month, there will be mandatory office days to bring idealos together at company, department or team level, including stunning views from our roof terrace. Find out what Hybrid Work at idealo is all about here and in a personal conversation in the interviews!
Vielen Dank für Deine Bewerbung!
Deine Bewerbung wurde an uns weitergeleitet. Wir prüfen Deine Unterlagen und melden uns in den kommenden Tagen bei Dir zurück. Du willst über idealo auf dem Laufenden bleiben? Folge uns auf LinkedIn.