Machine Learning Engineer - Product Discovery (m|f|x)
idealo continuously scans, groups and catalogs one billion product data points from our partners all across Europe. Become a part of our cataloging team. Deal with lots of data, use a modern tech stack and taylor machine learning solutions for the best performance on our data. We are a team of experienced developers looking for a Machine Learning Engineer (m|f|x).
As a member of our team, you can look forward to working with a large degree of freedom in an international and inspirational environment.
About your new role
- You develop machine learning models and bring them into production at scale
- You explore and evaluate new as well as “tried and true” methods and technologies in a multi-faceted domain
- You are part of the entire agile product development process: from the first idea to development and evaluation of the finished product
- You take proactive responsibility for the operation and maintenance of systems in productive use
- You will invest time to hone your skills and knowledge and share them with your team
Skills & Requirements
- You have demonstrated your passion for machine learning, analytics and statistics and you are part of the data science / machine learning community and share your knowledge and experience
- You have experience in the productive application of machine learning to areas such as natural language processing and image classification
- You have proven strong hands-on experience with programming in Python and the PyData stack
- You have a solid understanding of good practices in software engineering, like pair programming, testing, clean code
- You are self-motivated, results-driven and a good team player
Ideally you bring one or more of the following:
- DevOps-Mentality (You build it, you run it!)
- Experience in Kotlin or Java
- Academic degree in Mathematics / Statistic / Computer Science or comparable
Your benefits at idealo
- Training opportunities for your individual career
- Adequate compensation, relocation support
- Family-friendly and environmental-friendly company policy
- International, open-minded working environment with more than 800 people from 40 countries
- The provision of all necessary equipment that you need to deliver top performances
- Employees are self-reliant and free to schedule their own workday
- Onboarding program including Welcome Day, trainings and individual incorporation
- The chance to work together on our goals, while also working to create something new
- A cool office loft in the trendy, international district of Berlin-Kreuzberg
idealo is a Berlin success story: in 2000 we started out with the mission of helping consumers make the best purchasing decisions. Right in the heart of Berlin, over 800 employees from 40 nations are working on the future of online shopping. We focussing on agile and self-reliant work, sustainability and a healthy relationship between work and private life. These values are firmly anchored in our corporate culture and an integral part of our corporate philosophy.
As part of our team, you can look forward to freedom, an international and inspiring working environment. Your ideas are particularly important to us. Not only our product portfolio is diverse, but also the people who work on it. We want you just as you are! Origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation or a severely handicapped degree do not play a role.