Java Software Engineer (m|f|x) - White Labels
RemoteBerlin, Berlin, GermanyTechnology
Our White Labels team focuses on websites that reuse already published data on idealo and presents it in our own, different way. We are operating in 6 European countries, with being one of the top 3 price comparison websites in France. Next to coding, our product offers the possibility to focus on additional things like end-customer experience and google/bing integrations.
About your new role
- You actively develop, deploy, operate and improve scalable and highly available systems as well as web applications, which you run in AWS.
- You plan, develop and deliver features in a clean and structured manner.
- You are curious to explore and learn about our existing applications and new approaches.
- You maintain an open and respectful relationship with your colleagues at eye level and you bring a high level of commitment to continuous improvement.
Skills & Requirements
- You have good knowledge in developing cloud applications using Java and the Spring Boot framework.
- You know how to create and use APIs for instance using REST.
- You have basic knowledge about modern web technologies like TypeScript.
- Preferably you hold knowledge and experience in using cloud platforms like AWS.
- You have gained experience as a professional software developer in a team environment.
You don't tick all the boxes? Don't worry, we are looking for employees who convince us with their personality and are motivated to go on full power with their team!
At idealo you can expect
- You don't live in Berlin and want to work from home? Our hybrid work model offers you the freedom to work from all over Germany in a mobile and flexible way. Together we will find the best solution that works for you. In return, you get everything you need for your work (noise-canceling headset, laptop, etc.).
- You need vacation? We offer you 30 days of vacation. Not enough? You can "buy" an additional 15 days every year by converting your salary and it's seen as a positive thing.
- You want to further your education? We take your personal development goals seriously and, in addition to our idealo Learning Hub, eLearning offerings (e.g., Udemy, DataCamp), coaching & mediation, we also offer you the opportunity to benefit individually from additional learning and development budget.
- And what about the office? Our office in the heart of Berlin offers free organic breakfast, excellent subsidized lunch, as well as free coffee, lemonades and after-work beer, in addition to the "standard foosball". It also has a fabulous rooftop terrace with view of the whole of berlin where you can network with colleagues from our group of companies.
- You don't live in Germany yet? We support you in the visa process and with your relocation.
- You are a parent of a child that’s in need of daycare? Your needs are well looked after with our company KiTa which enables you to keep focused on work with no worries. In addition, you are paid in full for up to 30 sick days per child per year and if you are a single parent, even up to 60 sick days.
idealo is a Berlin success story: in 2000 we started out with the mission of helping consumers make the best purchasing decisions. Today, with 1.5 million visits per day, 50,000 shops, and more than 330 million product offers, we are one of the most popular German e-commerce websites and one of the leading European shopping and comparison platforms. We are active as a price comparison platform in six countries (Austria, France, Germany, Great Britain, Italy, and Spain).
We are located in the heart of Berlin and offer a unique idealo spirit. Your ideas are the driving force that moves our business forward. Not only our product portfolio is diverse, but also the people who work on it. We want you just as you are! Origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation, or a degree of disability are irrelevant.
If you are passionate about improving the world of online shopping alongside 1000 idealos from 60 nations, apply with us today.
Information for applicants with severe disabilities: As an applicant with a severe disability, you can get advice from our Representative Body for Severely Disabled People (SBV) during the application process. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please contact our representative for severely disabled persons at: email@example.com .
For the inclusion of people with disabilities, our office is accessible without steps. When you start with us, we will see what else is needed!
Work in the office and from wherever you like.
idealo allows you to work from wherever you are. As part of our Hybrid Work at idealo, you decide whether and how often you work from our office in Berlin or remotely because you live in another city within Germany or the café down the street makes the best coffee cream. Only about once a month, there will be mandatory office days to bring idealos together at company, department or team level, including stunning views from our roof terrace. Find out what Hybrid Work at idealo is all about here and in a personal conversation in the interviews!
Thank your for your application!
We received your application and we will get back to you in a timely manner. You want to learn more about idealo? Follow us on LinkedIn!