Java Fullstack Developer (m|f|x) – Merchant Business
As a Fullstack Java Developer in the product area "Merchant Business" you will help our B2B partners work optimally with idealo. Amongst others we offer them – via web UI as well as programmatically – the possibility to manage and to optimise their offers and orders.
You will work with agile approaches, in a highly qualified team that is constantly improving. We decide as a team on our technology stack and take responsibility from development to operation.
About your new role
- You are part of an agile, cross-functional development team and take responsibility for the entire development process from the idea to the product. You work together with the Product Owner and Sales.
- Together with your team you develop web applications for our B2B partners.
- You design and implement scalable and highly available microservices with Java, Spring Boot and Kafka.
- You use modern web frameworks (Angular) to develop responsive frontends and work together with our UX designers.
- You use Amazon Web Services and automate the infrastructure with Terraform.
- You experiment with new technologies in order to find the best solution.
Skills & Requirements
You are able to understand and analyse complex requirements and implement them as excellent technical solutions.
- You pay attention to high software quality (especially clean code, design patterns, testing, etc.).
- You have experience with the development of microservices.
- You are familiar with modern technologies like Java 11, Kotlin, Spring Boot, Kubernetes, Docker, Kafka and MongoDB.
- You have already developed modern web applications, ideally with Angular.
- Experience with AWS and Infrastructure as Code (Terraform) is desirable.
- You have excellent communication skills in English both written and verbal. German is a plus.
- You communicate in an open and constructive manner.
If you do not have all of the above mentioned skills and experiences yet, we will support you to acquire them (for example via pair programming, code reviews, etc.).
Your benefits at idealo
- Training opportunities for your individual career
- Family-friendly and environmental-friendly company policy
- International, open-minded working environment with 800 people from 40 countries
- Employees are self-reliant and free to schedule their own workday
- Onboarding program including Welcome Day, Trainings and individual incorporation
- The chance to work together on our goals, while also working to create something new
- A cool office loft in the trendy, international district of Berlin-Kreuzberg
idealo is a Berlin success story: in 2000 we started out with the mission of helping consumers make the best purchasing decisions. Right in the heart of Berlin, over 900 employees from 40 nations are working on the future of online shopping. We focussing on agile and self-reliant work, sustainability and a healthy relationship between work and private life. These values are firmly anchored in our corporate culture and an integral part of our corporate philosophy.
As part of our team, you can look forward to freedom, an international and inspiring working environment. Your ideas are particularly important to us. Not only our product portfolio is diverse, but also the people who work on it. We want you just as you are! Origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation or a severely handicapped degree do not play a role. #LI-MR1