Java Full-Stack Developer (m|f|x)
Deutschland, Berlin, BerlinTechnology & Data
Hello I'm Richlyn, the team lead of Product & Technology for our International Department.
We're a close team of 11, that function as a start up within idealo, working on our international portals. How we outwork this day to day, is through A/B testing, working on projects that involve AWS, micro-services, data and much more, alongside other departments. Having freedom, being trusted, and taking responsibility is big part of our team DNA. We look forward to working together, to shape our product and get more people across Europe enthusiastic about idealo! The position is available as a full-time or part-time position.
Excited to continue our growth, we are looking for a new Java Full-Stack Developer who can develop in Spring and has experience with Frontend frameworks. Have a look below for more details and can't wait to hear from you.
About your new role
- You develop features for our 5 international price comparison portals that drive our growth and strengthen our market presence.
- You develop web applications as part of an agile team.
- You work with others to design and develop high quality components for various parts of the idealo user journey that can be A/B tested.
- You work closely with our software team and international country managers to deliver regular improvements to our product.
- You follow the principles of Lean Product Development.
- With you clear communication skills you help your team to collaborate and find creative solutions.
Skills & Requirements
- You already have experience as a software developer in the development of modern web applications.
- Your education and experience as a software developer helps you to solve challenges in a goal-oriented manner and to communicate them to different levels of stakeholders.
- As a team player, you actively involve your team in finding the best solutions and are in close contact with them, for example to share your findings and best practices. You are no stranger to pair programming, code reviews and the pull principle.
- You maintain an open and respectful relationship with your colleagues at eye level and you bring a high level of commitment to continuous improvement.
- Your passion for professional software development (algorithms, design patterns, clean code, agile processes, data structure) drives you and your team. You bring experience or the willingness to learn our technology stack: Spring Boot, React, Kafka, Kubernetes, Postgres, Docker and AWS Cloud.
- BONUS: You are familiar with DevOps such as continuous integration, delivery, test automation and monitoring.
Your benefits at idealo
- A "people-first" culture that promotes your professional and personal development based on your strengths and personal goals.
- Access to learning and development platforms at idealo, but also at the Axel Springer Group.
- In addition to four days of onboarding and intensive training, you benefit from a permanent exchange of knowledge within the teams at idealo.
- Attractive benefits that are not only great for our employees, but also support sustainable regional initiatives and suppliers. For example, free organic breakfast in our canteen and delicious fair trade coffee.
- Together with around 1200 motivated colleagues from 60 nations in Berlin drive European e-commerce.
- Our headquarters is an ultra-modern new building in the former Berlin newspaper district and along the former Berlin Wall.
idealo is a Berlin success story: in 2000 we started out with the mission of helping consumers make the best purchasing decisions. Right in the heart of Berlin, over 800 employees from 40 nations are working on the future of online shopping. We focusing on agile and self-reliant work, sustainability and a healthy relationship between work and private life. These values are firmly anchored in our corporate culture and an integral part of our corporate philosophy.
As part of our team, you can look forward to freedom, an international and inspiring working environment. Your ideas are particularly important to us. Not only our product portfolio is diverse, but also the people who work on it. We want you just as you are! Origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation or a severely handicapped degree do not play a role.
Information for applicants with severe disabilities: As an applicant with a severe disability, you can get advice from our Severely Disabled Representation (SBV) during the application process. Please contact email@example.com.
idealo continues hiring during the COVID-19 pandemic
We do still hire great talent from around the world! Due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, we are checking almost every day with the authorities if and how we can relocate talent from EU and non-EU countries to work with idealo. Please bear in mind that we will take individual decisions in close consultation with the applicant and the authorities.
Vielen Dank für Deine Bewerbung!
Deine Bewerbung wurde an uns weitergeleitet. Wir prüfen Deine Unterlagen und melden uns in den kommenden Tagen bei Dir zurück. Du willst über idealo auf dem Laufenden bleiben? Folge uns auf LinkedIn.