Java Developer (m|f|x)
For the Product Area Acquisition & Loyalty, we are currently looking for another software developer. Our goal is to win new customers for idealo and to transform them into recurring "idealo lovers" through appropriate measures. In our teams, you will be able to further develop functions such as the price alarm clock, data provision for CRM measures, recommendation engine, SEO services, and identity management.
About your new role
- You are part of a cross-functional development team that is always looking for the best technical solutions
- We work in an agile team, and therefore you accompany the entire development process from an idea to a product that hundreds of thousands of users hold in their hands every day
- You use modern technologies like Spring Boot, Spring Cloud, AMQP (primarily with Kafka) and Machine Learning
- You will design and implement scalable and highly available microservices and web applications running on our large VM and OpenShift clusters
- You drive our innovation and strive for technical excellence. You work closely with product management to create the best possible product
Skills & Requirements
- You are very familiar with Java 8 and the Spring framework
- You are highly motivated to work with the latest technologies and have an agile mindset
- You know who Uncle Bob is and you understand what he's talking about
- You live test-driven development and don't just see it as a buzzword. It's a plus if you are also familiar with Domain-Driven-Design
- Concepts like Software Craftsmanship, Clean Code, Continuous Deployment are very important to you
- You do not hesitate to support us actively in frontend tasks. Basic knowledge of current front-end technologies is a plus
- You have a well-founded opinion and represent it - and respect it when others do the same
Since we have English speaking team members, you are not afraid to talk and discuss with us in English
At idealo you can expect
- Join one of Germany's best employers to work for and enjoy a family-friendly environment where you as an employee will be taken care of
- A people-first culture that promotes your development as a professional and person based on your strengths and personal goals
- We are a principle-based product & technology organization using OKRs for setting and measuring our goals. We work with agile methods giving a lot of responsibility and freedom to the individual teams
- Access to learning & development resources at idealo and the Axel Springer Group. Choose your preferred resources from the growing list of online courses on Udemy, extend your knowledge and professional network on conferences and meetups
- A diverse and engaged community of +300 highly skilled and experienced technologists from +40 nations at idealo and a growing network of technologists at the Axel Springer Group, all located in Europe's most modern office building in the heart of Berlin
- A competitive compensation package and various attractive benefits that are not only great for our employees but also promote a sustainable lifestyle incl. JobRad/Bike Leasing, free organic breakfast and lunch options in our canteen delivered from regional initiatives and vendors as well as delicious fair-trade coffee
idealo is a Berlin success story: in 2000 we started out with the mission of helping consumers make the best purchasing decisions. Today, with 1.5 million visits per day, 50,000 shops, and more than 330 million product offers, we are one of the most popular German e-commerce websites and one of the leading European shopping and comparison platforms. We are active as a price comparison platform in six countries (Austria, France, Germany, Great Britain, Italy, and Spain).
We are located in the heart of Berlin and offer a unique idealo spirit. Your ideas are the driving force that moves our business forward. Not only our product portfolio is diverse, but also the people who work on it. We want you just as you are! Origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation, or a degree of disability are irrelevant.
If you are passionate about improving the world of online shopping alongside 900 idealos from 40 nations, apply with us today.
idealo continues hiring during the COVID-19 pandemic.
We do still hire great talent from around the world! Due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, we are checking almost every day with the authorities if and how we can relocate talent from EU and non-EU countries to work with idealo. Please bear in mind that we will take individual decisions in close consultation with the applicant and the authorities.