Java Backend Engineer (m|f|x) – Team Local Offers
Deutschland, Berlin, BerlinTechnology & Data
In order to empower local retailers, idealo has launched the Local Offers initiative to create more visibility in the world of e-commerce and to give customers a sustainable and regional shopping experience.
If you have a heart for traditional retail and share the wish to create new products with actual impact on the market, you are more than welcome to join us for this initiative. After successfully mastering the MVP phase, we are ready to get started. Therefore, we are looking for innovative thinkers who can communicate and interact in an environment of freedom and interdisciplinary teams and virtues.
We are now looking for a pragmatic Java Backend Engineer (m|f|x) in full-time or part-time, to complement our interdisciplinary team with backend expertise. Together and in fast iterations, we will generate ideas, build prototypes (that run in production) and define the best possible (domain-driven) architecture for Local Offers.
Your Tasks and Responsibilities
- You are responsible for solving all kinds of backend challenges for Local Offers (e.g. consuming message queues, implementing business logic, deploying to Kubernetes/AWS).
- You feel comfortable working in Spring Boot and Spring Cloud environments.
- Together with the interdisciplinary team from various backgrounds, you will take part in building the foundation of this business opportunity for idealo.
- You are a curious mind for joint ideas with other teams and departments to come up with new approaches.
- You have 3+ years of experience with customer facing web applications (ideally Spring Boot).
- You feel comfortable building applications from scratch and deploy (Github Actions experience is a plus) them continuously to the Cloud (AWS or Kubernetes experience is a plus).
- Automated testing is part of your daily business, and you can easily explain the differences between unit, integration and contract testing.
- VCC (Git) and trunk-based-development is inherent for your daily work.
- You live the principle: You build it you run it.
Your Benefits at idealo
- No room for stagnancy! Whether tech talks, conferences or individual training, there are countless opportunities for constructive discussion and input.
- Influence in creating and deciding individual tasks as well as direct contact with idealo partners.
- Various idealo benefits to satisfy every heart's desire, ranging from organic breakfasts to bikes that can be rented during your lunch break.
- Ideal working conditions for a healthy work-life-balance, including 30+ days of holiday remote work options and flexible office hours.
- With countless opportunities for team building such as team events and parties in winter and summer, you'll be able to strengthen team spirit as well as the professional development of your department.
idealo is a Berlin success story: in 2000 we started out with the mission of helping consumers make the best purchasing decisions. Today, with 1.5 million visits per day, 50,000 shops, and more than 330 million product offers, we are one of the most popular German e-commerce websites and one of the leading European shopping and comparison platforms. We are active as a price comparison platform in six countries (Austria, France, Germany, Great Britain, Italy, and Spain).
We are located in the heart of Berlin and offer a unique idealo spirit. Your ideas are the driving force that moves our business forward. Not only our product portfolio is diverse, but also the people who work on it. We want you just as you are! Origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation, or a degree of disability are irrelevant.
If you are passionate about improving the world of online shopping alongside 1100 idealos from 40 nations, apply with us today.
idealo continues hiring during the COVID-19 pandemic
We do still hire great talent from around the world! Our interview process is currently fully remote, however we are glad to be back at the office in hybrid mode soon. idealos will then be spending their time partly at the office in Berlin and partly remote. Feel free to reach out for further infos!
Vielen Dank für Deine Bewerbung!
Deine Bewerbung wurde an uns weitergeleitet. Wir prüfen Deine Unterlagen und melden uns in den kommenden Tagen bei Dir zurück. Du willst über idealo auf dem Laufenden bleiben? Folge uns auf LinkedIn.