Information Security Analyst (m|w|x)
Deutschland, Berlin, BerlinTechnology & Data
As Information Security Analyst you will join our newly formed and highly motivated Security Detection and Response Team (SDR Team) in the rapidly growing Information Security department.
The Information Security Analyst will be a subject matter expert in the team as well as in the whole organization for analyzing security events, handling security incidents and performing digital forensics.
Gaining speed in idealos AWS Cloud journey, there is the great opportunity to implement security by design in the public cloud and lay the foundation for a resilient, fast growing and secure cloud environment. Join us on this inspiring journey and contribute to an awesome security awareness throughout idealo.
Being part of this newly founded and growing SDR team is a fantastic opportunity to really make a difference, bring your own ideas to life and change how information security is implemented in the overall organization.
The position is available as a full-time or part-time position.
About your new role
- You analyse, monitor and report on all security related events and incidents. Also, you develop and improve security alarms.
- In your role you will investigate potential security incidents, perform digital forensics, and gather evidence.
- You define and revise Indicators of Compromise to detect attacks, intrusions, or illegal behaviors.
- Taking on the role of a security incident manager and guiding the product teams to a resolution of the incident is an important part of your job.
- You assist the product teams in understanding the relevance and consequences of security events and incidents.
- Together with the other teams in the security department you protect idealos data and infrastructure from attacks.
- Additionally, you will help to develop, maintain and improve the incident response process.
Skills & Requirements
- You have a deep technical understanding of the technologies and attack vectors in at least two of the following fields: networking protocols, AWS Cloud infrastructure, web applications, operating systems and container platforms.
- You have fun digging into logs of several technologies to find the root cause or evidence for an incident.
- Experience in handling, managing, and resolving information security incidents is a must.
- Yo can keep a cool head in pressuring situations and make decisions based on facts that you and other experts collected.
- You have a high motivation to continuously and fast learn about and dive into cutting-edge technologies to keep yourself at the forefront of emerging technologies.
- You are self-motivated and able to work to a high standard under own initiative.
- You have sound analytical skills, solve problems in a systematic and structured way and are able to think laterally and challenge existing concepts.
- You have the ability to quickly understand technical complexities and issues and be able to explain and translate these to a less technical audience.
- Finally, you have a mindset to work in a team that discusses and solves problems together.
Your Benefits at idealo
- Being part of a diverse leadership team that works together on our ambitious goals, while also working to create something new.
- Grow as a leadership person through individually tailored development opportunities, seminars and workshops but also through leadership network talks with your relevant peers.
- Active support and customized offers that help you balance your demanding work with your private goals and requirements.
- A supportive leadership team in an open, apolitical environment that is interested in the development of the individual.
- A bunch of amazing idealos, who you will find engaging in environmental, social projects, making idealo a better and more responsible company every day.
- Our new home in the heart of Berlin, light-flooded, modern rooms and a green roof terrace with a brilliant view.
idealo is a Berlin success story: in 2000 we started out with the mission of helping consumers make the best purchasing decisions. Right in the heart of Berlin, almost 1,100 employees from 60 nations are supporting our make the best purchase decision. We are focusing on agile and autonomous work, sustainability and a healthy relationship between work and private life. These values are firmly anchored in our corporate culture and an integral part of our corporate philosophy.
As part of our team, you can look forward to freedom, an international and inspiring working environment. Your ideas are particularly important to us. Not only our product portfolio is diverse, but also the people who work on it. We want you just as you are! Origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation or a severely handicapped degree do not play a role.
Information for applicants with severe disabilities: As an applicant with a severe disability, you can get advice from our Severely Disabled Representation (SBV) during the application process.
idealo continues hiring during the COVID-19 pandemic
We do still hire great talent from around the world! Our interview process is currently fully remote, however we are glad to be back at the office in hybrid mode soon. idealos will then be spending their time partly at the office in Berlin and partly remote. Feel free to reach out for further infos!
Vielen Dank für Deine Bewerbung!
Deine Bewerbung wurde an uns weitergeleitet. Wir prüfen Deine Unterlagen und melden uns in den kommenden Tagen bei Dir zurück. Du willst über idealo auf dem Laufenden bleiben? Folge uns auf LinkedIn.