Head of Technology/ Solution Architect Data Platform (m/f/d)
Standort flexibelDeutschland, Berlin, BerlinTechnology & Data
We are looking for a Head of Technology for our Data Platform (m/f/d) product area who is passionate about leading and building high performing data engineering teams. In the past two years we moved to a fully decentralized data environment on the data lake, bringing us to reflect about the line between centralized and decentralized. In this role you support our vision in the coming years to create a data marketplace, which empowers data consumers and data producers to form soft contracts (SLAs) enabling different teams to buy and sell their data across idealo. As a leader, you enable people and teams to work at their best.
Together with the Head of Product, you ensure data is a uniformed and shared asset which is always available to drive informed decisions. In this way, you are integral in supporting idealo's data strategy.
The position is available in full time or part time.
About your new role
- You lead and develop the Data Platform product area in collaboration with the Head of Product.
- You are a manager of managers and lead a unit of 30 FTE that currently consists of five teams: Data Infrastructure, Data Privacy, Data Tooling, Data Warehousing, and Machine Learning Engineering.
- You inspire an agile and high performing working environment in partnership with your leadership team, delivering a cloud-based data platform through a dynamic and always up to date strategic roadmap.
- You are responsible for driving the technical development in your product area and for the maintaining of best practices and standards in line with idealos 'guiding principles'.
- You manage the budget and are responsible for the costs that your unit generates.
- You are energised by cross- functional collaboration and regularly align with other technology stakeholders and architects.
- You collaborate and calibrate regularly with your peers in the Product & Technology arm of idealo.
- Together with other enabling product areas, you work with business owners to develop idealo's platform strategy.
- You have a deep understanding of multiple technologies and platforms and can select the best combination of technologies to meet needs. You consider stakeholder & client needs when facilitating a decision.
- You work with vendors to select and procure necessary hardware & software components for solutions & work with development teams to ensure they are implemented correctly.
- You put people first. You have experience building and leading teams as well as leading leaders.
- You have strong inter-personal and communication skills.
- You have a deep understanding of Cloud-based big data architecture and distributed computing.
- You have experience with automation when it comes to deployment, data pipelines, and infrastructure.
- You have experience working in cross-functional environment and driving organisational change using relevant data and business rationale.
- You have a proven record of being an advocate of Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
- You are fluent in English.
- You have a solid understanding of data- software- and systems engineering, including data-mesh inspired architecture.
- You have a solid understanding of good practices in software engineering, like pair programming, testing, and clean code.
- You have experience working with machine learning initiatives or teams.
- You are knowledgable on data security topics, including GDPR.
- You have experience with six sigma, coaching, agile methodologies.
We encourage diverse profiles, so if this role sounds exciting to you and you match even 50% of the requirements please apply.
At idealo you can expect
- You don't live in Berlin and want to work from home? Our hybrid work model offers you the freedom to work from all over Germany in a mobile and flexible way. Together we will find the best solution that works for you. In return, you get everything you need for your work (noise-canceling headset, laptop, etc.).
- You need vacation? We offer you 30 days of vacation. Not enough? You can "buy" an additional 15 days every year by converting your salary and it's seen as a positive thing.
- You want to further your education? We take your personal development goals seriously and, in addition to our idealo Learning Hub, eLearning offerings (e.g., Udemy, DataCamp), coaching & mediation, we also offer you the opportunity to benefit individually from additional learning and development budget.
- You are a parent of a child that’s in need of daycare? Your needs are well looked after with our company KiTa which enables you to keep focused on work with no worries. In addition, you are paid in full for up to 30 sick days per child per year and if you are a single parent, even up to 60 sick days.
- And what else is there? Of course, success must be celebrated! In addition to team events, you can also expect big company events and other moments of organized connection with others in the company and your team throughout the year!
idealo is a Berlin success story: in 2000 we started out with the mission of helping consumers make the best purchasing decisions. Today, with 1.5 million visits per day, 50,000 shops, and more than 330 million product offers, we are one of the most popular German e-commerce websites and one of the leading European shopping and comparison platforms. We are active as a price comparison platform in six countries (Austria, France, Germany, Great Britain, Italy, and Spain).
We are located in the heart of Berlin and offer a unique idealo spirit. Your ideas are the driving force that moves our business forward. Not only our product portfolio is diverse, but also the people who work on it. We want you just as you are! Origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation, or a degree of disability are irrelevant.
If you are passionate about improving the world of online shopping alongside 1200 idealos from 60 nations, apply with us today.
Information for applicants with severe disabilities: As an applicant with a severe disability, you can get advice from our Severely Disabled Representation (SBV) during the application process.
Please contact our representative for severely disabled persons at: firstname.lastname@example.org .
Our office is barrier-free for the inclusion of people with disabilities.
Work in the office and from wherever you like.
idealo allows you to work from wherever you are. As part of our Hybrid Work at idealo, you decide whether and how often you work from our office in Berlin or remotely because you live in another city within Germany or the café down the street makes the best coffee cream. Only about once a month, there will be mandatory office days to bring idealos together at company, department or team level, including stunning views from our roof terrace. Find out what Hybrid Work at idealo is all about here and in a personal conversation in the interviews!
Vielen Dank für Deine Bewerbung!
Deine Bewerbung wurde an uns weitergeleitet. Wir prüfen Deine Unterlagen und melden uns in den kommenden Tagen bei Dir zurück. Du willst über idealo auf dem Laufenden bleiben? Folge uns auf LinkedIn.