As Head of Technology for the product area “Buying Decision” you will work right at the heart of idealo’s product. idealo has more than 400 million offers, and millions of monthly active users need our help to find the best offer for them.
We enable our users during this final phase of their buying journey to make the right decision regarding product, shop, timing and location. In this phase our users generate millions of page impressions each day which our systems must handle reliably.
Together with the Head of Product, and in close collaboration with user research and user experience, you will co-lead the department and drive the customer-centric product development. The product area is part of the B2C domain, in which you will also be an integral part of the leadership team.
The position is available as a full-time or part-time position.
About your new role
- As Head of Technology, you lead the team leads of your 4 teams professionally as well as disciplinary. You create a work environment for personal growth and professional development.
- Co-Heading the product area’s leadership team, you initiate process improvements to ensure effective collaboration, communication and transparency to enable your teams to be successful.
- You understand the value contribution of your teams and help them to continuously improve it.
- You drive operational excellence. Furthermore, you promote and align/guide technical improvement of our systems.
- You understand the cost structure of the product area and support your teams to improve it if the invest in optimizations is justified.
- You collaborate on a tech vision and roadmap that works hand in hand with the product vision and strategy.
Skills & Requirements
- You have a proven record of success in leading, inspiring and growing departments, development teams and team leads of different maturity.
- You bring solid technical understanding. Experience in cloud computing or shared front-end environments is a plus.
- Ideally, you have also been working in the ecommerce industry.
- You bring strong communication skills in English that enable you to communicate complex issues and decisions in a comprehensible way. German language skills are a plus.
- You always have the big picture in mind which helps you to communicate with peers, to guide the leadership team of your product area and to support the right decisions.
- You have strong analytical skills and a structured way of working.
- You bring solid mentoring and coaching skills combined with strong empathy and the ability to listen carefully.
At idealo you can expect
- You don't live in Berlin and want to work from home? Our hybrid working model offers you the freedom to work flexibly from all over Germany. Together we will find the best solution that works for you. In return, you get everything you need for your job (a laptop and an optional noise-cancelling headset).
- You need vacation? We offer you 30 days of vacation. Not enough? You can "buy" an additional 15 days every year by converting your salary and it's seen as a positive thing.
- You want to further your education? We take your personal development goals seriously and, in addition to our idealo Learning Hub, eLearning offerings (e.g., Udemy, DataCamp), coaching & mediation, we also offer you the opportunity to benefit individually from additional learning and development budget.
- And what about the office? Our office in the heart of Berlin offers free organic breakfast, excellent subsidized lunch, as well as free coffee, lemonades and after-work beer, in addition to the "standard foosball". It also has a fabulous rooftop terrace with view of the whole of berlin where you can network with colleagues from our group of companies.
- You don't live in Germany yet? We support you in the visa process and with your relocation.
- You are a parent of a child that’s in need of daycare? Your needs are well looked after with our company KiTa which enables you to keep focused on work with no worries. In addition, you are paid in full for up to 30 sick days per child per year and if you are a single parent, even up to 60 sick days.
idealo is a Berlin success story: in 2000 we started out with the mission of helping consumers make the best purchasing decisions. Today, with 1.5 million visits per day, 50,000 shops, and more than 330 million product offers, we are one of the most popular German e-commerce websites and one of the leading European shopping and comparison platforms. We are active as a price comparison platform in six countries (Austria, France, Germany, Great Britain, Italy, and Spain).
We are located in the heart of Berlin and offer a unique idealo spirit. Your ideas are the driving force that moves our business forward. Not only our product portfolio is diverse, but also the people who work on it. We want you just as you are! Origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation, or a degree of disability are irrelevant.
If you are passionate about improving the world of online shopping alongside 1000 idealos from 60 nations, apply with us today.
Information for applicants with severe disabilities: As an applicant with a severe disability, you can get advice from our Representative Body for Severely Disabled People (SBV) during the application process. Please inform us regarding this topic.
For the inclusion of people with disabilities, our office is accessible without steps. When you start with us, we will see what else is needed!
Work in the office and from wherever you like.
idealo allows you to work from wherever you are. As part of our Hybrid Work at idealo, you decide whether and how often you work from our office in Berlin or remotely because you live in another city within Germany or the café down the street makes the best coffee cream. Only about once a month, there will be mandatory office days to bring idealos together at company, department or team level, including stunning views from our roof terrace. Find out what Hybrid Work at idealo is all about here and in a personal conversation in the interviews!
Vielen Dank für Deine Bewerbung!
Deine Bewerbung wurde an uns weitergeleitet. Wir prüfen Deine Unterlagen und melden uns in den kommenden Tagen bei Dir zurück. Du willst über idealo auf dem Laufenden bleiben? Folge uns auf LinkedIn.