Head of Technology (m|f|x)
Deutschland, Berlin, BerlinTechnology & Data
As Head of Technology (m|f|x) for the product area “Offer Discovery” you will work right in the heart of idealos product. idealo has more than 400 million offers and it’s “offer discoverys” job to serve the millions of monthly customers with presenting offers in a way they can find their individual best offer. Usability, reliability and transparency are just three of the characteristics to keep in mind here.
The product area consists of four teams that are improving this part of the customer journey by working on the offer list creation, the price comparison page, the product detail page and local offers.
Together with the Head of Product, you will co-lead the department and empower our product development teams to create the best solutions for our customers.
The position is available as a full-time or part-time position.
About your new role
- You will develop and realize a technical vision and strategy for your product area that supports the strategy of the business domain and the whole product and technology department.
- With clear communication, you will enable your teams to take the right decisions for their product environments and to quickly develop innovative products.
- Together with the Head of Product you will guide the overall product area to greater success, creating a working culture of appreciation and fellowship.
- With your knowledge, you will promote the technical improvement of our systems and guide the teams towards the best possible architecture.
- Following our core principles of freedom, trust and responsibility, you will lead four Team Leads in order to make their teams such as themselves grow personally and professionally.
- You know what is happening in your teams and you are very much aware of exciting challenges. You will provide guidance, tools and skill set-ups, so that your teams can work and grow on their own.
Skills & Requirements
- You have proven record of success in leading, inspiring and growing departments, development teams and Team Leads of different maturity.
- You bring solid technical understanding and ideally, you have been working in the e-commerce industry. Experience in cloud computing or shared frontend environments is a plus.
- You enjoy making strategic decisions based on a product and tech vision for the department.
- You always have the big picture in mind which helps you to communicate with peers, to guide your team and to support the right decisions.
- With your understanding for coaching, your ability to listen carefully and your strong empathy, you understand how to motivate and guide your team to work autonomously within an agile work environment.
- You bring strong communication skills in English that enable you to communicate complex issues and decisions in a comprehensible way. German language skills are appreciated.
Your benefits at idealo
- Being part of a diverse leadership team that works together on our ambitious goals, while also working to create something new.
- Grow as a leadership person through individually tailored development opportunities, seminars and workshops but also through leadership network talks with your relevant peers.
- Active support and customized offers that help you balance your demanding work with your private goals and requirements.
- A supportive leadership team in an open, apolitical environment that is interested in the development of the individual.
- A bunch of amazing idealos, who you will find engaging in environmental, social projects, making idealo a better and more responsible company every day.
- Our new home in the heart of Berlin, light-flooded, modern rooms and a green roof terrace with a brilliant view.
idealo is a Berlin success story: in 2000 we started out with the mission of helping consumers make the best purchasing decisions. Right in the heart of Berlin, almost 1,100 employees from 60 nations are supporting our make the best purchase decision. We are focusing on agile and autonomous work, sustainability and a healthy relationship between work and private life. These values are firmly anchored in our corporate culture and an integral part of our corporate philosophy.
As part of our team, you can look forward to freedom, an international and inspiring working environment. Your ideas are particularly important to us. Not only our product portfolio is diverse, but also the people who work on it. We want you just as you are! Origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation or a severely handicapped degree do not play a role.
Information for applicants with severe disabilities: As an applicant with a severe disability, you can get advice from our Severely Disabled Representation (SBV) during the application process.
idealo continues hiring during the COVID-19 pandemic
We do still hire great talent from around the world! Our interview process is currently fully remote, however we are glad to be back at the office in hybrid mode soon. idealos will then be spending their time partly at the office in Berlin and partly remote. Feel free to reach out for further infos!
Vielen Dank für Deine Bewerbung!
Deine Bewerbung wurde an uns weitergeleitet. Wir prüfen Deine Unterlagen und melden uns in den kommenden Tagen bei Dir zurück. Du willst über idealo auf dem Laufenden bleiben? Folge uns auf LinkedIn.