Head of Product (m|f|x)
Product Area Shopping
Once an idealo user already knows which product to buy, everything revolves around comparing the corresponding offers and making a purchase decision if necessary. With tens of thousands of partner stores connected to idealo and providing us with about 350 million offers, there is a huge variety to discover. The main purpose of the product area "Shopping" is to support users in making a good purchase decision and to enable them to make a smooth purchase transaction.
For product decisions we can rely on numerous feedback from our users: a user research department, A/B-testing software, survey tools, and above all over 50 million visits per month, which give us exciting quantitative insights, ensure that we build user-centered products, or optimize our products accordingly.
The position as Head of Product (m|f|x) is available as a full-time or part-time position.
About your new role
- You will head the product area Shopping jointly with the Head of Technology
- The product owners and product analysts of the product area Shopping report directly to you. Their personal and professional development is your responsibility
- Based on the idealo vision, you and the Head of Technology derive vision and missions for your area and adapt them continuously as required. Together you create the framework for independent, effective, and efficient work in the department, e.g. by optimizing the organizational structure or developing the organizational maturity in a targeted manner.
- You play a major role in the development of the quarterly OKRs for your area. At all times, you have your relevant KPIs under control and ensure transparency towards stakeholders.
- The further development of product management methods in your area is as much a part of your tasks as the further development of hypothesis and data-driven work
Skills & Requirements
- Product Management
You have experience in the user-centered development of high-traffic, digital products - ideally in B2C e-commerce
You have a very good technical understanding of web technologies and their capabilities.
- People Management
People from different cultures and backgrounds are close to your heart. Ideally, you already have experience in the personal and professional development of employees
- Organizational Development
You are interested in the development of individual teams and entire departments. Your good understanding of change management helps you to successfully implement the measures decided upon for this purpose
- Strong communication skills
Unmistakable communication is key for you. You can even communicate complex issues in a comprehensible way.
- Analytical skills
You are KPI oriented and experienced in deriving insights and actions from data. You feel comfortable working with graphs and evaluations, even with unclear data structures you do not lose confidence.
You are fluent in English, good German skills are a plus
At idealo you can expect
- Join one of Germany's best employers to work for and enjoy a family-friendly environment where you as an employee will be taken care of
- A people-first culture that promotes your development as a professional and person based on your strengths and personal goals
- We are a principle-based product & technology organization using OKRs for setting and measuring our goals. We work with agile methods giving a lot of responsibility and freedom to the individual teams
- Access to learning & development resources at idealo and the Axel Springer Group. Choose your preferred resources from the growing list of online courses on Udemy, extend your knowledge and professional network on conferences and meetups
- A diverse and engaged community of +300 highly skilled and experienced technologists from +40 nations at idealo and a growing network of technologists at the Axel Springer Group, all located in Europe's most modern office building in the heart of Berlin
- A competitive compensation package and various attractive benefits that are not only great for our employees but also promote a sustainable lifestyle incl. JobRad/Bike Leasing, free organic breakfast and lunch options in our canteen delivered from regional initiatives and vendors as well as delicious fair-trade coffee
idealo is a Berlin success story: in 2000 we started out with the mission of helping consumers make the best purchasing decisions. Right in the heart of Berlin, almost 1,000 employees from 40 nations are supporting our make the best purchase decision. We focussing on agile and autonomous work, sustainability, and a healthy relationship between work and private life. These values are firmly anchored in our corporate culture and an integral part of our corporate philosophy.
As part of our team, you can look forward to freedom, an international and inspiring working environment. Your ideas are particularly important to us. Not only our product portfolio is diverse, but also the people who work on it. We want you just as you are! Origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation, or a severely handicapped degree do not play a role.
Information for applicants with severe disabilities: As an applicant with a severe disability, you can get advice from our Severely Disabled Representation (SBV) during the application process. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
idealo continues hiring during the COVID-19 pandemic
We do still hire great talent from around the world! Due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, we are checking almost every day with the authorities if and how we can relocate talent from EU and non-EU countries to work with idealo. Please bear in mind that we will take individual decisions in close consultation with the applicant and the authorities.