Head of IT (Corporate Platform) (m|f|x)
Standort flexibelDeutschland, Berlin, BerlinTechnology & Data
Among other things, the Corporate Platform - as part of the Domain "Accelerate Teams" - makes sure that more than thousand idealos can work in mobile and hybrid mode during the most challenging times of the current pandemic. Every day we support our colleagues in larger and smaller projects - from everyday challenges of collaboration, to brand new live events at our new office building. We make sure that the idealos are able to work - and thus contribute directly to the company's success. Our very independent and strong teams are now looking for their Head of Corporate Platform (m|f|x) in full-time or part-time.
- Following our core principles of freedom, trust and responsibility, you will lead two Team Leads and two Product Owners in order to make their teams as well as themselves grow personally and professionally.
- You know what is happening in your teams and you are very much aware of existing challenges. You will provide guidance, tools and skill set-ups, so that your teams can work and grow on their own.
- You will develop and realize a technical vision and strategy for the Corporate Platform that supports the strategy of idealo and the domain “Accelerate Teams” which the Corporate Platform belongs to.
- With clear communication, you will enable your teams to take the right decisions for their product environments and to quickly develop innovative products.
- You will build and maintain relationships to other leaders and colleagues at idealo in order to ensure a consistent and sustainable customer centric collaboration mode.
Skills & requirements
- Your approach is always considering product, service and technology as interdependent units.
- You enjoy making strategic decisions based on a vision for the department.
- When you take decisions, you take everyone's perspective into account (customers, company, department, team and individual colleagues).
- You always have the big picture in mind which helps you to communicate with peers, to guide your team and to support the right decisions.
- With your understanding for coaching, your ability to listen carefully and your strong empathy, you understand how to motivate and guide your team to work autonomously within an agile work environment.
- You bring strong communication skills in English that enable you to communicate complex issues and decisions in a comprehensible way. German language skills are just as crucial.
- You have proven record of success in leading, inspiring and growing departments, development teams and team leads of different maturity.
- You have a technical background or enjoy to implement things technically and to familiarize yourself with technical things.
At idealo you can expect
- You don't live in Berlin and want to work from home? Our hybrid work model offers you the freedom to work from all over Germany in a mobile and flexible way. Together we will find the best solution that works for you. In return, you get everything you need for your work (noise-canceling headset, laptop, etc.).
- You need vacation? We offer you 30 days of vacation. Not enough? You can "buy" an additional 15 days every year by converting your salary and it's seen as a positive thing.
- You want to further your education? We take your personal development goals seriously and, in addition to our idealo Learning Hub, eLearning offerings (e.g., Udemy, DataCamp), coaching & mediation, we also offer you the opportunity to benefit individually from additional learning and development budget.
- And what about the office? Our office in the heart of Berlin offers free organic breakfast, excellent subsidized lunch, as well as free coffee, lemonades and after-work beer, in addition to the "standard foosball". It also has a fabulous rooftop terrace with view of the whole of berlin where you can network with colleagues from our group of companies
- In need of additional support in any areas of your life? We offer free counseling and support in all areas of life (professional, private, family, health, etc.) in cooperation with the pme-Familienservice.
- You are a parent of a child that’s in need of daycare? Your needs are well looked after with our company KiTa which enables you to keep focused on work with no worries. In addition, you are paid in full for up to 30 sick days per child per year and if you are a single parent, even up to 60 sick days.
idealo is a Berlin success story: in 2000 we started out with the mission of helping consumers make the best purchasing decisions. Today, with 1.5 million visits per day, 50,000 shops, and more than 330 million product offers, we are one of the most popular German e-commerce websites and one of the leading European shopping and comparison platforms. We are active as a price comparison platform in six countries (Austria, France, Germany, Great Britain, Italy, and Spain).
We are located in the heart of Berlin and offer a unique idealo spirit. Your ideas are the driving force that moves our business forward. Not only our product portfolio is diverse, but also the people who work on it. We want you just as you are! Origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation, or a degree of disability are irrelevant.
If you are passionate about improving the world of online shopping alongside 1200 idealos from 60 nations, apply with us today.
Work in the office and from wherever you like.
idealo allows you to work from wherever you are. As part of our Hybrid Work at idealo, you decide whether and how often you work from our office in Berlin or remotely because you live in another city within Germany or the café down the street makes the best coffee cream. Only about once a month, there will be mandatory office days to bring idealos together at company, department or team level, including stunning views from our roof terrace. Find out what Hybrid Work at idealo is all about here and in a personal conversation in the interviews!
Vielen Dank für Deine Bewerbung!
Deine Bewerbung wurde an uns weitergeleitet. Wir prüfen Deine Unterlagen und melden uns in den kommenden Tagen bei Dir zurück. Du willst über idealo auf dem Laufenden bleiben? Folge uns auf LinkedIn.